I guess I am a pressure packer. I am good at the last minute. If I think too much about it, things will definitely fall apart. So I like to wait until I can wait no more, then grab and go. That day is today, and I'm here, at the computer. Tired. Because Kathryn decided it would be great fun to start having nightmares. And she was up no fewer than 8 times, and my dear sweet husband snored through it all. Then she graces me with her beautiful smile at 6:30am. I do love her so!!
And it's not like I can do all that much anyway. I'm waiting for Princesses 1 and 2 to return from their evil father who does no laundry with their LOADS of clothes. Why not just wash what I have here, you ask? Because that makes sense and I am not a sensible person.
Here's one load of crap ready to go:

That's entertainment folks. Because when it's all said and done, we will have spent over 41 hours in the car. And I am taking no chances on children saying they're bored. Oh, I'm been a mean one these past few weeks. I've been stocking up on books, movies, and games and letting them sit on the table, taunting the girls that it will all remain unopened until we are on the open road. They have not been happy, and probably just to spite me, they won't play with any of it.
Then I have candy, loads and loads of candy, because I think it will be a good idea to plow them with sugar when we are stuck in the truck with nothing to do. I say nothing because we are driving through the great state of Oklahoma. And in my extensive search to plot a pit stop, I have come up empty-handed.
Okay done putting if off. Gotta to get to work now. I set Kathryn up with some Perler beads. It should keep her entertained and FRUSTRATED for hours. Pay back for last night? Nah! Okay yeah, I told you, I'm mean.


4 comments:
I'm a last minute, fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal too. Try as I might, it happens EVERY time. But, it works. So why mess with that?
I am a plan, list, plan kind of person(member the to-the-minute itinerary) and the wheels still seem to fall off at some point. From the looks of it, with the entertainment you have purchased, you could have employed a nanny for a week.
I am right there with you on the last minute packing! I try and try to get it all done ahead of time, but I work much better under pressure! You will be just fine! Can't wait to see you guys!!
Sounds like you've got things completely under control. Be careful driving tomorrow!
Post a Comment