Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My New Favorite Toy

With all these girls running around, it's safe to say, we have a few toys. We are knee deep in Barbies, Bratz, My Little Pony, Polly Pockets, and everything Princess. As much as they love all that crap, I of course as the responsible parent and former preschool teacher that I am, love the educational toys. I think Melissa and Doug makes some of the best things out there. And Learning Resources has never gone wrong! (Remember the cupcakes?)

It just so happened that one of the gifts Kathryn got for her birthday is made by Learning Resources, and it is one of her new favorite toys. The icing on the cake, it was given to her by her best bud Taber.

Check it out, it's called Animal Crack-ups. See these guys, they look like animal crackers.


But how cool is this, you can mix and match them. See, it's a sheep-goat. MA-Baaa!



Or you could stick two heads together and make something fun like this guy, Cock a doodle WOOF!


BUTT you can also stick their backsides together.



With all these different animals, sometimes it's hard to tell what goes with what. It might be easy for a young one (or her mom) to say, get the duck and the goose mixed up.


Well just flip them over and match the colors!


And when you're done playing, they fit in this nifty carrying case. How cute is that??



It's a perfect activity for her while I'm cooking dinner. And a perfect distraction for me, because I just have to walk over there and see what kind of sick creations I can make. Yeah, the bunny-pig butts get me every time!

3 comments:

Narci D said...

That is a GREAT toy! I want to play with it! Do you remember the Leap Frog Caterpillar that would sound out words when you pressed the letters? The first thing Rob did was try to get it sound out something something dirty, but it would only giggle everytime he attempted to sound out a cuss word.

Dawn said...

I a little worried about our poor Amy - she's having too much fun playing with kids' toys and watching kid tv obsessing over the male actors! Need a girls' night out, do ya? :)

Amy said...

Hmmm, you think?? I'm in kid hell over here! Get me a margarita, STAT!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.