On our trip in Mexico I got to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time, swim with the dolphins. Dolphins have been my favorite animal for as long as I can remember, well unicorns too, but they aren't real. When I read A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle, I knew that one day I was gonna swim with dolphins too. It's just really an awesome experience when you finally get to do something you have wanted to forever!
Now the pictures are as good as Steven could get because they wouldn't let him on the front pier where he could actually get a good angle. No, that would cut into their scam of us having to buy the pictures taken by their photographer. But their photographer wasn't very good, nor was their movie maker. I had to pass on the video because 1)I couldn't get past the La Cucharacha background music, 2) I didn't feel like spending $50 on a movie that starred six other people I didn't know and would never see again in my life, and 3)the camera really does add 10 pounds and I looked like a whale. Plus he didn't get any of my smart ass comments on tape, and I was really, really funny!
So here is my dolphin encounter. The kids are a little upset that I got to do something so "super cool". Really would it kill them to be happy for me once in a while?
On my way to swim with dolphins, I am so excited!!
Getting a kiss

Taking a ride holding on to the dorsal fins
Acting like a complete idiot while being pushed on a ride on their noses
to dance
to explain the theory of relativity
The grand finale
Just for kicks, the picture I did buy.
What can I say, I'm in love with a Flipper!






2 comments:
Amy, how much fun is that?!? Those dolphins are so cute! And, how can you be so tough but love unicorns and dolphins! ;) I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time!
That is so cool! Maybe you can be a Sea World performer for your next career.
Post a Comment