Today the little ones and I went on a field trip with Emma's school to the Oil Ranch. I was super excited to go because it was one of the places that I used to take Alli and Abby and we always had a great time. I made sure Emma dressed the part, put her in overalls and pigtails, she looked adorable. I decided against overalls and pigtails for myself, I would have looked like a dork!
We did lots of fun things today. Kathryn experienced her very first horse ride and was so excited. I was just praying she wouldn't fall off because I didn't have much faith in the he/she leading her around the arena. They fed lots of sheep and goats, chased chickens, played in the hayloft. We went on a hayride and got attacked by killer cows. No, really we did!! They were all sweet and innocent at first and then they turned into rabid beasts trying to wrench the sticks of whatever it is that mad cows eat out of my poor innocent children's hands. It was quite the sight!
Later Emma milked a dairy cow. It was white with black spots so she wasn't quite sure if she was going to get chocolate milk or not. Later she tried to milk the goat's udders, the goat was not amused. Thankfully Emma is quick on her feet, therefore her head is still attached to her body!
We ended the day with some yummy snow cones. I would like to thank the teachers for choosing the blue ones, Kathryn resembles a speckled smurf still, 5 hours later!
I don't know how the Pioneer Woman does it. I was exhausted just running around with the girls having a bit of recreational fun. I can't imagine doing that in my everyday life! Kudos to her, she takes awesome pictures, writes fantastic stories, and cooks great food. But I have Starbucks five minutes away, and a Mocha Chocolate Double Latte smells so much better than cows. Trust me!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago




2 comments:
I stalk the Pioneer Woman too Amy! ha! I have no idea WHY because there is not ONE thing I enjoy about that lifestyle, not one...but I will say, her writing style is funny...her photography is amazing...and she makes me want to cook, and THAT is a miracle in itself.. :) You guys look like you had fun...though I love her blog...it never makes me laugh as much as YOURS... :)
It looks like Y'all had a GREAT time!!! Kathryn & Emma looked TOO cute!!!
Post a Comment