Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hola Amigos!

We're back from sunny Mexico and what fun we had!!

I figured I better post soon so you all know that I did not get stricken with Montezuma's Revenge, or get eaten by a shark, or lost in a jungle, or become a human sacrifice on a Mayan temple, or run over by a crazy Mexican man on a scooter, or kidnapped and sold for vital organs. And Steven didn't either.

Our first vacation in years, because while we have taken numerous trips with the girls, it was still work for us. The whole time on the plane we kept thinking we were forgetting something, couldn't believe we only had one carry-on! Really an insane amount of freedom without four other beings to keep up with!

It's amazing how different the culture is there and seeing how people live, makes me even more thankful for all that we are blessed with in our lives. I promise to not bitch and moan about laundry for at least a week and be happy that I own a dryer.

The resort was fabulous, the beach beautiful, the food amazing, the alcohol not. I must have tried at least 22 different cocktails before I found one I liked, which was the night before we left, when we finally met the crazy bartender Lopez. Umm, where have you been my whole vacation? And while you think I could have survived on my staple, Malibu and pineapple, it wasn't Malibu in the "Malibu" bottle and the juice was more like syrup. And sad to say I could not get a good margarita in Mexico.

But even though the beverage situation was grim, we still had a great time! Steven had his first massage next to me in the wedding gazebo on the beach and that was awesome! Sarah and I went swimming with the dolphins. We experienced a Mexican market. We had so much fun just hanging by the beach and pool and not having to tend to anyone's needs but our own. We're thinking we won't wait another 8 years to have a vacation!

Yes we missed the girls and they missed us. But Kathryn got right back in the swing of things with Momma you get me juice!

It's good to be home!

Here's some shots from our week. Pictures of Dolphin Encounter tomorrow.

1 comment:

JKMN said...

I'm glad you had a great time - you deserved it!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.