Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why I Have Headaches

After dropping Emma off at school today, it was time to take Kathryn to Kindermusik. I like to use the tv in the car only for road trips, high traffic, and car pool line. Otherwise my girls look at books in the car, or if I am in a good mood, I will let them listen to one of their annoying children's CDs or Radio Disney. This morning I handed Kathryn a book and we were on our way.

This is what transpired in the 7 minute trip:
Mom, I dropped my book! Can I watch Alex the Lion? No.
Can I watch Mickey Mouse? No.
Where we going next Momma? Music class.
See Miss Shuli? I like Miss Shuli, Miss Shuli got ate by ants? No honey, Miss Shuli is okay.
Miss Lisa got ate by ants? No honey, Miss Lisa is okay too.

(Now pay attention to this next part, it must be very important.)

Mommy, are you fraid of beetles? I don't like beetles. What color are beetles? Mommy doesn't like bugs either. Beetl...
Not bugs Mommy, beetles, you fraid of beetles? Yes I'm afraid of beetles.
Mommy, pirate Taber killed my bear. Your bear is okay Kathryn, you and Taber were just playing.
My bear got a big hole! No baby we fixed it.
Mommy, you like ice cream? Yes.
Mommy, giraffes are tall. Uh-huh.
Mommy, can I go to DisneyLand? No.
Mommy, where we going next? Music class.
Mommy, birds fly. Uh-huh.

Now repeat the whole conversation again. No. I'm not kidding. Word for word. Again.

Mommy, we there yet, I can't see Miss Shuli. Almost honey.
You car blue? Poppy's truck is black. Yes it is.
Blake is a pirate too. Can I be pirate? Pirate Taber killed my bear! Yes honey, you can be a pirate and your bear is okay.
Mommy,
What, Kathryn, what, what, what??

Silence.

It's what I wanted but when I look in the mirror, she is holding her head in her hands and sniffing. Major Mommy guilt.

I'm sorry, Kathryn, what were you going to say?

I scared crocodiles, Mommy. They live in Houston? They live at the zoo? Can we go to the zoo? My yellow bear ride a crocodile? Sigh!

Where we going next Mommy? Walgreens, I'm out of Motrin!

1 comment:

Narci D said...

Jackson says he would NEVER poke a hole in your bear.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.