Which probably contributes greatly to the first color of the day, gray. Yes, at the ripe age of 31 I found my first gray hair this morning. Just one, and I would have never seen it, had my hair not been flipped an unnatural way. But still it was there. Of course I had to get a second opinion, and I'm thinking that dear old hubby was just a little smug about it. Something in his face was saying," Welcome to the club dear." I wasn't as upset about it as I thought I would be, maybe because I know that I am going in for color on Friday. Still I wished I wouldn't have found it!
Now back to productivity. I have been a bit frustrated about the unfinished projects around here. I have big ideas for this house, but no time for execution. I can't seem to get to the fun, pretty things when I am constantly loaded down with laundry, dishes, feeding and bathing children, homework,etc. All the mundane things that come with my job. So I had myself a mini-breakdown last night while sweeping the wood floor free of dog hair for the third time that day, putting back various things that don't belong to me, and disposing of trash found wherever in the house. I swear sometimes I think we should just live in a doublewide.
For me, breakdowns lead to breakthroughs, and I am pleased to say that I am in Energizer Bunny mode once again. Steven and I formulated a house plan, room by room. That's what he is good for, plans. Planning negates chaos which makes us normal people. Maybe not. But we came to the conclusion that in order for me to have the bookcases that I want and hang stuff on the walls, I really should paint it all first. So off to the paint store to get the red for the study that we chose back in December. And how fashion forward are we, that we picked it before knowing it was one of Pottery Barn's new colors for the summer. We got the blue for the powder bath, the same blue that has been in one room or another in all of my houses. When you find a color you like, it's a good thing. Now I am raring to go!!
But there is a little voice in the back of my head, okay right in front of my face saying," Mom, are you going to paint my polka dots?" And I'm thinking I have to rearrange her furniture, sort through all those clothes, blah, blah, blah. BUT I so want to get this red on the walls now! So no pretty red for me until her dots are done. I've been dreading it for so long, I am not confident in my ability to paint a circle on the wall. I'm doing it TODAY!! And the reward will be the backbreaking job of painting the study, and the biggest smile on Emma's face.
To top the day off, we colored our eggs today. All two of them. I started boiling six but the little buggers kept cracking. For some reason, I have never been good at boiling eggs. Contrary to popular belief I do know my way around a kitchen, I can follow any recipe but I haven't found one for boiling eggs. It must be rocket science or something. Or in the Cookbook for Dummies.I now fully expect my brother to send that to me. Easter has just never been my thing, and tonight's egg episode further validates that.

Happy Easter, the kids are in bed anxiously awaiting the giant bunny who will bring them lots of goodies. All I want is an Astros win. No ham, no casseroles, no chocolate rabbits or jellybeans. Just a win. You hear me Bunny?


2 comments:
Ahh...the egg boiling dilemma..I have it as well..so this year, I bought the 2 1/2 dozen pack and thought my odds were pretty good. I put them in the water when it was still cold and stood back. Only four of the little things perished. :) Have a Happy Easter Amy...thanks for always giving me a GREAT laugh.
Ah..grey hair...can I say join the club also?
Post a Comment