Thursday, January 28, 2010

Calgon better friggin work

It's been a day. I mean it started off great. Watching the Winter X Games and folding clothes...how can you beat that? ;-) But at about noon it was all shot to hell.

I realized I had forgotten to send in Emma's book order to school. So I ran up there to give it to her teacher and Emma immediately started complaining about her legs hurting. Which I don't understand. Two days of back to back conditioning at gymnastics, why on earth would your thighs be on fire?

Since I was picking her up early for her checkup later, I just decided to take her home with me and spare her the hour she would have been in PE. When we got home, she crawled upstairs to check on Summer who was not.in.her.cage. If we ever catch the little rat, I'm renaming her Houdini because the cage was completely locked up, no gaps, no visible means of escape. Nothing. And I really don't want to go through this again.

We had to interrupt the great search and recover mission to take Emma and Abby for their checkups. And everything was fine and dandy until someone mentioned the "s" word. And then it was all downhill. And if Emma wasn't so plagued with respiratory issues, then it would have been a nonissue and I would have happily and confidently refused the flu vaccines. But she is and based on what I've already been through trying to keep her healthy...two pricks in two seconds didn't seem like it would be such a big deal.

I was wrong. And thankful for all those wasted hours as a child watching WWF because I had to bust out some mad wrestling skills and get that girl pinned down. And she is strong. And loud. And nothing is louder than your sweet little girl with tears streaming down her face looking at you and silently calling you "the worst mom ever."

Ouch.

And then she proceeded to do her best banshee impression for the next 30 minutes convincing everyone in the doctor's office that I was exactly that.

And then this and that and this and more of that and I'm pretty sure Kat is coming down with a bad cold because she is highly irritable and very grumpy and then some more of this and that...and I am exhausted.

And in need of multiple cocktails.

But I'm not the one going out with friends tonight.

So here's hoping a hot bath, Ben and Jerry's and a good book will do the trick. Along with the Benadryl I drugged them all with for the night.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Oh no! That is horrible. Well, when the kiddos go to sleep you have that cocktail! You deserve it!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.