Monday, January 11, 2010

Well looky here...

I was just avoiding laundry tooling around on here and found this post that had never been published. Obviously I was losing my mind, to write something and not even publish it. Obviously I was in a state of despair since I looked at the date and it was a mere two weeks after the girls had started school. Obviously, I was not coping well with being alone.

I will tell you that right now...that is so not obviously happening. They've only been back 3 days since winter break and as of right now, I am totally enjoying the silence.

But give me a week...


Dear Traffic Cop,

Thank you for not noticing that I was the only person in the car in the HOV lane. You see I'm not used to driving into town during peak times without a child. In fact I think it's one reason I kept having kids, so that I would always have an HOV buddy. But I went into autopilot and will try not to do it again.



Dear Grocery Store Patrons,

Please excuse me for parking in the "parent with child" spot. You see I do have a child, several in fact, I'm just not used to going to the store without them. And so as a creature of habit, I pulled right on into that front row spot. And I'd also like to apologize for spending too much time in front of the fruit snacks. It's a lot of pressure to make sure I pick the right box. Usually I have a little one deciding between princesses and dinosaurs.



Dear Old Navy Cashier,

I don't really appreciate the face you gave me when I returned the pants I bought for Alli. It was rather rude when you looked at me, crinkled your nose and said "size 0?". I mean really, I'm not that big. And you don't do that when I return something that is a 5T.



Dear Moms at Mall,

I promise you that I am not a pedophile or a kidnapper. It is perfectly okay for a stranger to coo at your baby or compliment your toddler. Maybe you think it's a little weird since my outfit matches, my hair is done and I am wearing makeup, all classic signs of someone who is not a mother. But I have a little more free time on my hands now. Plus I would think the muffin top would be a dead giveaway that I have indeed borne children.



Dear Girls,

I miss you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, stop. You do not miss them. Only I am allowed to miss them!

Kimberly said...

Aww....so sweet!
I am glad you are committed to more blogging- I've missed reading your post!

Stephanie said...

How in the world did you forget to post this AWESOME post?!?!?
This is totally true and made me laugh so hard!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.