That's what I'll say when Abby's friends call now. Because they call a lot. And then I don't get to talk to my friends because she ties up the line and doesn't use the wonderful invention known as call waiting and then I get all pissed that I missed out on a lunch date or something fun because "well I tried to call you." But not anymore. Because now Abby can answer her own dang phone:



Which probably means that all my friends should definitely try me on the home line now. Seeing as how we are on the family share plan and I have a feeling that she is going to be using way more minutes than I do. But I did also get the unlimited text option and so far she is getting very acquainted and highly adept with that feature. Now instead of the annoying teen girl chatter floating around, I get to listen to the constant "beep, beep, beep" notifications of new messages. Well at least we can put that on silent mode, can't really do that with a teenager!
Oh yeah, did I mention she's now a teenager?
Good God, help me. Two at once. I might need to double up on the rum.
On a side note...while at the local Verizon store procuring Abby's new toy, we addressed the issue of the "immediate attention" needed on Alli's line. Which meant that she was due for an upgrade. Which was needed since she's had hers for over 2 years and it was all scratched up and the camera was broken. And we were actually able to get a very sweet deal on a very sweet phone.
But not without some major coercing. Of her, not the sales guy. No, he spent a good portion of his Saturday afternoon laughing at the fact that I the parent was trying to convince the teen to get a new phone...instead of the other way around. At one point she actually said to me "Well I'm just so grateful to have the phone that I already have."
And I asked the sales guy for the security camera footage of that one moment in time.
Anyway, they both have better phones than I do now. They both have figured out all the bells and whistles within 2 hours. And I still struggle with how to load a new contact...one year later.
But this means that I don't believe them anymore when they say they can't figure out the buttons on the washer ;-)


2 comments:
I can't believe she's a teenager already! Yes, I think they can do those washer buttons.
My kids have seriously less cool phones than I do. And I intend to KEEP it that way. I will probably fail at this, but I'm trying. :)
Post a Comment