Thursday, January 14, 2010

Acting my Age

Well, another birthday has come and gone.

And this year did not disappoint! My mother remembered to call me the night before to ask "how old I was?" I don't care how old I get, that will always mean something to me, as evident of the tongue lashing I gave her last year when I did not receive my phone call. Of course she called on the land line...but I was gone, so just got the message, but that was good enough!!

My husband got me an awesome cake. He's done very well since the years when he never would get me one. However, they keep getting bigger and bigger, and well, my metabolism isn't what it used to be, so I eat less and less.


My present this year? Phenomenal...if I ever get it. Should arrive sometime in February, which sent me into a toddler-like tantrum because I want my Kindle NOW!

For myself, my own birthday tradition. A little visit to Jorge, my favorite masseuse who commented that he could tell that I lost weight and said this before he even knew it was my birthday! And then I bought myself a new pair of jeans. Nice jeans, designer jeans, every year it's new jeans, but not these jeans...



As I tried on my normal size, I found them to be a little loose. The salesgirl talked me into trying the next size down, which fit, but were a wee bit snug. "That's okay" she said "they give throughout the day." So I spent the next 30 minutes alternating the two pair deciding which I wanted to buy. Finally I decided on the larger size. Yes, once upon a time I was all about squeezing my behind into the tiniest size that would zip, but I'm much more mature now. And as I told the salesgirl, "I'm at the age where I sit and eat, not drink and dance!"

Well until the weekend... I went out with my girlfriends and we tore the club up!


There is nothing like a pack of married ladies on the loose. I think we learned we may be a little too old to do shots with names like Bubblegum though. So we danced and drank and did everything but act our age...although we sure did feel old the next morning.

And whether I like it or not, I am getting older. But for me that's okay. I'm still this side of 30, I'm still the young, cool mom. I still know what music is in. I still got it...at least that's what Matt Chad Brad whatever his name was told me at the bar. So I'm not that old, or at least I didn't think so.

Because the reason my Kindle won't show up til February...my sweet husband wanted me to be able to see so he ordered the one with the bigger screen.

4 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Looks like a blast....Happy Birthday to you!

Ed said...

A most happy birthday to you.

And yes, you will love the Kindle. My wife is nuts about hers!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday! I got the Kindle for my birthday this year too. I love it!

Katie said...

LOOKS like you had a wonderful Birthday!! WOW, that Kindle thing looks really cool!! Have fun with it!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.