Leaving the movie theater with some children that weren't mine in the car, I pulled out of the parking lot to cross the street when a pickup truck did a less than brilliant move which involved no blinker and very nearly the front end of my vehicle.
"A$$hole, learn how to drive."
Kathryn pipes up from the back seat, "Mom, you shouldn't call him an a$$hole, he could be somebody's Grandpa."
"You're right, I shouldn't use inappropriate words with kids in the car either. I'm so sorry. I will do a better job."
A few seconds pass and all I hear is giggling.
"What's so funny?"
"I said a$$hole and you didn't even know I said it and you didn't even get mad at me, you were mad at you. I said a bad word and didn't get in trouble!" She was beaming with pride. Her face was literally shining. She was so very impressed with herself. And it's not exactly the first time this has happened...
And more giggles from multiple children in the car. I reprimand Kat and let her know that we don't use such language and it is not funny.
And all the while, I can't stop laughing.
I can't seem to get my parenting priorities straight. Maybe I should let them know they'll be grounded for clean bedrooms...
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


2 comments:
Gandpa's can't be a$$holes?
That's pretty dang funny!! ;) And I am SOO with ya about people doing stupid things when they're driving, it makes me CRAZY!!! ;)
Post a Comment