I have to apologize for being the worst aunt EVER!!
You see, I always mess up your birthday. And I'm sorry. And I, of all people, should know better since my birthday is just two days after yours. But this year, I thought I had got it right. I had mailed your card with a little something inside, while, still not before your birthday, but on your birthday, and that was making progress. And your mom has continually let me know that you have yet to receive it. Well...it's because I have received it.
That's what happens when one puts one's own zip code on a card that is supposed to go to New Jersey. It goes everywhere but. In my defense, once upon a time, we did share the same zip code. And I never missed your birthdays then ;-)
Of course, in this instance, and this instance only, you are not special, because I also had 3 Christmas cards returned to me for the same reason. Well, one might have been because I'm not entirely sure if the recipient is still alive or not... But whatever the reason, I have a nice little collection of envelopes with pretty yellow stickers.
So I wanted to let you know that I have sent your card. AGAIN. And this time properly addressed. I checked five times...just to be sure.
And we have sent a little something else. You know your cousin,

your best bud,

who absolutely worshipped the ground you walked on this summer

and thinks you are the coolest thing since sliced bread.
And who misses you terribly and asks daily if we are moving to Jersey or you are moving to Texas.
Well she needs your help...

And after this, we'll never ask you to escort a paper man around again. It's just that you're the only person we know that lives somewhere cool. And your name was the first one out of her mouth when she came home from school.
So he's on the way too. And that envelope is also addressed properly. I know, I checked five times.
So once again, my sweet Isabelle, I apologize for being the worst aunt ever and one day I promise to get it right. But really, you should just blame your daddy for moving you away from me ;-)
LOVE YOU,
Aunt Amy


5 comments:
why do have to pull at my heart strings? why, Amy? WHY?!
Hey Amy- I am finally getting it together in the blog world and am now your follower! I always have been a follower of your's, Amy... I think that your letter to Isabelle is a wonderful "card" by itself! I laughed at the part about the Christmas card possibly going to someone who may or may not be alive. I totally sent one to an uncle on my husband's sign who is no longer living. Oops.:( See you soon!
...side. Husband's side. Ugh.
Awwww, thanks Aunt Amy! I'll gladly escort Mr. Paper Guy around any day! Tell my cousins I said hi! I miss you guys!!! <3
Haha! I recently did something like that to my neice too! Weird. ;)
Post a Comment