Monday, June 30, 2008

Hiatus

I would love to meet whoever coined the phrase "lazy days of summer" and punch them in the mouth! For us it's been anything but! These past few weeks have been HECTIC to the point that I considered selling my children for a cloning machine, but then that would have defeated the purpose.

They've all had one activity or another, someplace they've all needed to be, often times overlapping so that I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. And using lots and lots of gas. Which is so not good for my pocketbook :-(

And it's not looking any better in the weeks to come...

And with all the running around, the chores are piling up. So since I haven't had more than 5 minutes to sit at my computer, The Brat Pack is going on a little break. And my reader is going on a little break. I might try and post every now and them but I definitely want to take the free time that I do have and spend it with the girls.

Especially the little one who isn't going to be so little anymore. She'll be 4 next week and I'm having major issues with that! More so than having a teenager. Weird huh? But when you know it's your last, it really hits hard. And I know it's my last even though I am fighting off major waves of baby fever right now!!

Yeah, that would be smart. I'm bitching about my busy summer now...

So happy summer everyone! Only 56 days til school starts, I'll try to catch you then!

23 comments:

Stephanie said...

See ya when school starts. Hopefully you get some good relaxing time in there somewhere!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Well, enjoy the kids summer break. Hopefully, you get to have some fun in there, too!

Ed (zoesdad) said...

If you want more---borrow a couple of mine. That'll cure ya!

Kat said...

I hope you are able to relax at least a little bit on your break! Good luck!

Katie Ryan said...

And here I am with NOTHING to do. Can I drop a kid off for you, run an errand, buy your groceries, type your blog, clean your house ...

Anonymous said...

I totally understand & hope you return full of stories of girls gone wild. We are still trying to get together when I'm in town next week, though, right?

Dreams and Designs said...

Look forward to your return!

Anonymous said...

56 days?!?!? holy $h!t. when do they start school these days in Texas?

JKMN said...

Yeah - my June was crazy busy. I'm keeping up my posts, but my comments have gone downhill.

Anonymous said...

summer camps! Lots of activities, no running around. Think about it.

Momo Fali said...

We haven't stopped. Nothing lazy about summer when you have little kids!

MarĂ­a said...

Have an awesome time!

Katie said...

I totally understand, I'll send you pics of peanut when he/she arrives! Could be fairly soon! ;)

K8spade said...

Take a break, and enjoy it. You know we'll still be here when you get back.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Have a wonderful summer!!!!!

Didi said...

Hang in there! Too funny that you are already counting down to when school starts! You always make me laugh, girl!

Rhea said...

Hope you survive the rest of the summer. see ya around when school starts up again. :o)

the mama bird diaries said...

Happy summer!! Have some fun. :)

Dawn said...

I wondered how you kept up such an excellent blog record! Good for you - enjoy your time. :)

Rachael said...

have a great summer!

Stephanie said...

You will be missed my friend!! I hope you have a great summer with the girls though! Hope to hear from you a little bit through out if you find the time!

Unknown said...

Kathryn will be so pissed when she finds out she did not get a birthday post - you better get going girl.

Sassy said...

Yep, as I sit here in your house, I KNOW why you are vacationing from your blog...
Geez Y'all, this girl is B.U.S.Y.

Hey, what about K's birthday? Ya gotta give baby girl some blog love.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.