Home. Ahh.
Crazy, busy, fun trip. We called it our "girl power" vacation. We used that term over and over and over. Even Little Bit could not refrain from just shouting it out every so often. It's amazing how smoothly things do run without a man around. Sometimes their opinions and their stomachs just get in the way. But on the last night, we sure could have used one...
We were hanging out watching West Side Story because my mom decided it was high time for the big girls to see it. The first time I watched that movie, I was 12 and I loved it. And I hated it. And I bawled and bawled and bawled and was quite inconsolable for a few hours afterward. I'll just tell you now, my daughters did not shed a tear, those insensitive little brats.
So sometime during the rumble, I noticed a rather large something crawling along the fire place. I went and grabbed my tennis shoe and stood there ready to strike. And I couldn't. So I told Abby to kill it and she said no. And I told Alli to kill it and she asked if I was out of my mind. So I gave the shoe to my mom who stood there poised and ready for about five minutes. Because she is the only person in the world more afraid of spiders than I am.
Finally she mustered up the courage, swung the shoe and of course the frickin' thing lived. And scurried towards us and we screamed like the bunch of ninnies that we are. And then my mom grabbed the brush/poker/fireplace thingy because certainly that would kill it. Except she scraped the side of the fireplace and it made a loud squeaking sound and at the moment we were sure that the beast was screeching at us. So we screamed like ninnies again. And then we stood on the couch and the coffee table and were freaking out because there was no way any of us were going to sleep with that thing running around.
My mom wished we had bug spray. We didn't. We had...
Sunscreen.
So we blasted the thing and still it would not die. Maybe if we had a higher SPF.
Or a man.
Girl Power my ass.
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


19 comments:
I thought of you and Sally a few days ago when there was a spider crawling in the visor in my car. I tried to hit it, not for fear-but because my face couldn't use another blemish-much less one from a spider bite.
I just wish you had this all on video . . . that would have been awesome!
That is hilarious! I can so relate. I can't do it, because I don't want to hear the squish sound or see all that mashed bug once the deed is done.
Ahahahaha! That is so funny. And it would have been me too. Need some plumbing work done? I'm your gal. Need heavy bleeding staunched? Call me. Want to move a fieldstone patio? Got it covered. Kill a spider? Call my husband every time. I love this story.
I hate them. I've been their victim twice. I totally understand. And, would never say you were ninnies.
YIKES, not fun!! I can't stand spiders either!! Hope you still had fun despite the little creepy crawler!
I would have killed it for you. Spiders I can handle. Now, if I see a bee, I will run and probably leave my child behind for my sister to grab...yeah, that's happened before. Sad isn't it?
Girl Power! ;)
Too funny! Sounds like you guys had a fun adventurous trip :) In my house, I kill the spiders and Josh kills the bees! He is terrified of spiders and I'm terrified of bees so it works out well!
Are you sure you aren't aggies, I swear I have heard so many similar stories involving those brainless, farm loving step-siblings to THE University of Texas.
How many " " does it take to " "
Tell t enough with the Aggie commments. This Aggie would have taken care of all the bugs for you. You crack me up. Can't wait to see pics from your cowboy vacation.
That is funny as heck.....
Sounds like you had a good time though. Welcome back.
Spiders, I can do--anything that can take flight after me is a different story!
Sounds like you had fun!
Ha! At least it wasn't a tree roach. Next time try hairspray. Works like a charm :-)
Laughing my BUTT off over here!
You should have seen me go ape-shit on a centipede the other night. It was the size of a small horse. I hate those flipping things. So nasty! Any bug that comes in my house is a goner because I think of it crawling on my sleeping children and that is enough to help me get over my fear.
ick
It still sends a chill down my spine though.
I would pay good money to see a video of you girls screaming and attacking that spider.
Ha Ha I can relate to the story, even my 2 years old son would do it before me... LOL
A spider, maybe. But I'll scream like a school if I get charged by a mouse!
This post gave me the chills. I hate spiders.. but I also have a husband that hates them more than me so I am stuck killing them. bah to man power. hhahaha
...next time use a vacuum.
BH
Post a Comment