Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ladies who Lunch

We did it for Smart A$$ Mom. I mean the restaurant has been under construction for a few months now and it finally opened last week. And we know how much she absolutely LOVES the place and we figured being as it is only minutes from our house, which is practically next door to where she used to live, we ought to just start taking full advantage of it now. In her honor. Because we love her so much.



And right about now, she is wishing she could move back here ;-)

And I almostthisclose came to buying a t-shirt proudly displaying the new location's address and mailed it to her but I decided not to because I wouldn't want to be mean and rub it in her face or anything that Chuy's is only minutes away. Because I'm not like that.

We lunched with friends today, three moms, 7 kids. Yes, over half of them were mine, but who's counting? Our table was smack dab in the middle of the restaurant during the middle of lunch rush. All the businessmen in suits, hospital employees, and various people popping in for a quick bite with their iced tea and waters. And there we were, all girls, gabbing it up with our... margaritas. Because we're stay at home moms and the kids are out of school and we require a bit of sanity which sometimes comes in the form of tequila. And then a rita smackdown was declared by these three:



My mom is going to drink 5.

My mom already drank 7. (nope, we were all very responsible and adhered to the two drink maximum)

My mom can drink more than your mom. And she gives me the limes off of hers so I have margarita too!

And then I had to quietly explain to them that while it's great to be proud of your mom, bragging about her drinking abilities won't exactly boost her status in the PTO.

And I let Emma know that she won't be getting any more limes.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA, that was, well, that was just below the belt. Ouch. It hurt.

As for the shirt, I would happily take a vat of the Creamy Jalepeno fedex'd to my door. Linz works there so you two can hook it up-I am sure. Don't worry about it going bad, leave that to me and my stomach.

Hope it was all the yummy deliciousness I recall....you can pretty much assume your house is a shoein for the top 3 picks of Manettas Vacay spots now.....

Don Mills Diva said...

That's awesome - it gives me hope that one day I will make my son proud with MY drinking ability!

Burgh Baby said...

That.is.awesome. There's nothing like a bunch of kids to sell you out, and give you extra credit while they're at it.

Amy said...

Sounds like it was a fun time!

Brittany said...

oh my gosh. SO funny!!!!

Good luck this summer! Drink those ritas!

MarĂ­a said...

I'm starving. :(

Anonymous said...

Now, I've heard the "my momma can beat up your momma" bit, but "my momma can drink your momma under the table"? LMAO.

I love your girls. :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sooooooo jealous! I too love Chuy's! I worked there during college. And being pregnant makes me want it even more. Margaritas, deluxe tomatillo sauce, tortilla soup...the works!

Can't find anything like that here!

Stephanie said...

Mmmm...Chuy's is the best! I have not been there in about 6 months though. I too could use a margarita and limes! Glad to see you are enjoying the summer!!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love it..

I once ordered a margarita and my son told the waiter "tequila makes her clothes fall off" - I wanted to hide under the table - but instead I ordered 4 more!!

Katie Ryan said...

Ok. Chuy's did not rock my world, so maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. You're going to have to let me know what to order.

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Though Chuy's has never been a favorite - (Except atmosphere is so fun) I am envious you have ANY mexican food - we have NOTHING within two and 1/2 hours maybe even 3 hours...we HAD ONE On the Border which was a CHAIN choice - but a choice nonetheless in Reno - and on Friday saw it was OUT OF BUSINESS - WHAT?!?!

Anonymous said...

I think that this needs to become our "Tuesday Lunch Bunch" destination! We had a blast and Syd actually ate! Thanks for the company!

Anonymous said...

See that is why I hide all my drinks in coffee cups..

I kid I kid.

But your girls are hysterical!!

pb&j in a bowl said...

Sounds like fun! Love the 'rita smackdown.

Kimberly said...

Boy I miss my Tex-Mex food!

Rachel said...

I LOVE Chuys!! YUM!

Rita smackdown sounds like a conversation that would be held at one of our tables :-)
Too funny.

Poor S.A.M :-( Great pics and to cute.

just jamie said...

Love your girls. My daughter asks me if I want some wine ... for breakfast? (Not a bad idea.)

Rhea said...

ROFL That's hilarious about the girls betting on whose mom could drink more. hehe

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.