Thursday, February 25, 2010

Whoop-dee-do

So the weather has been crazy this year. We have experienced the season that most of the country refers to as "winter". We had a hard freeze, burst some sprinkler head pipe thing, killed a few plants that we neglected to cover with blankets. We have busted out mittens and hats and scarves. We have had ice on the windshields and gotten to utilize the self start mechanism on our vehicles to warm them up rather than cool them down. We've had to actually wear shoes...with socks. It has sucked. And while it hasn't been in the single digits...it's still been cold. Cold for us. We live in Texas for a reason.

Global unwarming is out of control. Mother Nature is having a fit. One week this year, every state but Hawaii had snow. That is plain insane.

So a few days ago, when yet another cold front came through, they forecasted for "snow". And I rolled my eyes. And yet later in the day, the flakes started coming down. And the girls were excited. And Kat wanted to change out of her pajamas to run out and play. In the "snow". Wanna see what it looked like?


Well, luckily I had convinced her to just throw on a jacket instead because by the time it would have taken to change her, it was over. The snow. Or should I say rain. Frozen rain. The flakes hit their jackets and turned to water immediately. It did nothing but make my kids look terrible.



And turn their hands red. Because a few days prior, it was 70, and I had put the mittens away.

It was just a few minutes in yet another cold, wet, yucky day. I honestly didn't feel bad at all about calling them in to eat the dinner that took me all day 4 minutes to cook throw in the crockpot. Seriously, unless it sticks, please don't waste my time.

I have decided that I hate winter. And I want it to leave.

And I really, really want to wear flip flops damn it!

2 comments:

Narci D said...

yes, yes, and yes. This winter has been miserable!

Kat said...

And here in WI our winter has been fairly mild. So weird!
Still, I'm ready for spring. :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.