Thursday, February 11, 2010

Express Yourself

I was volunteering at the school, helping out the art teacher, and given the task of pulling the artwork of 200+ students off of the walls. Fun.

As I started removing the kindergartners' masterpieces, a class of them were sitting in the hall waiting their turns for bathroom breaks. I reached up and my shirt lifted a bit and the little boy closest to me shouted out "WHOA! Why is there an earring in your belly button?"

And twenty two little faces looked my way.

Somehow, I'm thinking that's not a lesson in artistic expression they should be getting in school.

At least there wasn't a tattoo where my jeans crept down...

2 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Yeah - they watch like a HAWK - I was subbing a resource class and sitting at a kidney-shaped table with a small group - a kid YELLED across the classroom - I like your tattoo! I looked up and he pointed under the table at my ankle...everyone stopped to look under there...Never mind that it is like ONE inch wide...and I just smiled and said "Thank you" and MOVED ON! HAHAHAHHAHA :)

Bethany said...

Yeppp- one of my coworkers has a tattoo and a few of the kiddos have seen it. She tells them it's fake. LOL! Whoops!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.