Monday, February 8, 2010

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I think...I don't really speak French. Or write it.

This weekend we took Emma to Baton Rouge to swim in the Mardi Gras meet on the LSU campus. We were lucky enough that GranDad and GranJanet came to spend the weekend with the other girls because otherwise, it wouldn't have been the wonderful experience that is was! I mean seriously, who knew having one kid was so easy ;-)

We got to meet Mike the Tiger. Participate in a "parade" and score some beads. And devour some pretty darn good gumbo and etouffe.

Emma did great! She was "intense and ready to go" and told by Les Miles himself and he should probably know, being the head coach for the football team. She was excited to swim and she rocked her events! She beat her times, which is all we ever want her to do. And we FINALLY got a legal breast stroke, which I'm telling you was the highlight of the trip! Do you know how hard that one is to do? Who knew there were so many rules?

She was right there with the top 20 girls and even had a 9th place finish in the 50 yard back stroke. Not sure about the 25 yard back, because we literally pulled her out of the pool, threw her into the truck and hightailed it home in time for kickoff!

And luckily we got out of that state just in time because you know there was madness all around. In fact, we loved the businesses with signs on their doors that said they would be closing early on Sunday for the Super Bowl! And I can't even imagine the town once the Saints actually won!!

Here's some pictures of the weekend:

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like a wonderful time!! I bet Emma LOVED being an only child, what fun!!

Kris said...

What a great trip! We are so proud of Emma, she is such a great little athlete!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.