The horror of taking a teenager to the mall, that is.To buy, of all things, a strapless bra. Oh man, when did she grow up?
So yes, after pulling an all-nighter with Kathryn heaving up her innards, I reluctantly set off on this little task. Which turned out to not be so little. I don't understand why, when there is only ONE thing that you need to get, it is the hardest damn thing to find! And as exhausted and grumpy as I was, it turned into quite an ordeal.
Eventually we ended up at Victoria's Secret. The one store I was definitely not ready to be taking her to. And when we found what we needed and I was being rung up at the register, I not so secretly cursed my brother for being a selfish bastard and leaving that company to further his career instead of staying there forever to help his sister get discounts on the many things she'll be buying in the future to cover up the many body parts in my house. Always thinking of himself ;-)
And to top off the shopping excursion from hell, my car got stolen. Well, I was pretty certain it was stolen. I mean I know I walked out the same exit I walked in. And the security guard did not see me running around the parking lot in hysterics, jabbing my panic button on the remote key chain and screaming I can not believe this day because he was...sleeping. Which is probably why my car was stolen. But then that mature, wonderful daughter of mine took me calmly by the hand and suggested we check the other exits. And my car wasn't stolen after all.
And that is why I love her so much. And why I'm quite a wreck about having to do things like buying bras and makeup and panty hose and letting her go to the 8th grade formal dance. Because I'm really not so ready for all this growing up business. And her acting like the adult and all.
And her being just so dang gorgeous.


9 comments:
Honestly, I am just floored by how gorgeous she looks. . .and, by how jealous I am of her shoes. ;) You should be really proud, momma.
Aw she does look beautiful! And I agree... I want the shoes!
I use the same method for finding my car when someone steals it. Man, what did we do before keyless remotes?
She looks so beautiful.
Wow! She's beautiful!
Good thing she was there to keep you calm and find the cars from the thieves.
WOW...she looked beautiful!!
LOVE the dress (and the shoes!!)
So glad your car was "recovered"!!!
She really is SO gorgeous!! And I'm sorry you had such a rough time shopping.
SHE is so pretty.
She's just lovely.
The stolen car? Sheez. You must have the same thieves in your town as I do. Damn them.
Post a Comment