Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The 6th Sense

The sense of smell tells me that there is something burning.

The sense of hearing tells me by the beep, beep, beep it's in the microwave.

The sense of sight tells me that 7 mini pancakes have been nuked beyond all recognition.

The sense of touch tells me that the damn plastic plate was in there way too long.

The sense of taste tells me, well I'm not tasting those nasty things.

And most importantly, the sense of common tells me that my daughter added a zero to the 40 seconds that I told her to push from the comfort of my bed. And that those few little extra moments I was wanting of rest and relaxation are totally gone as I go to clean up the disaster that is known as the kitchen.

And fix more pancakes.

11 comments:

Jenni said...

I love your "sense" of humor Amy!

Ed said...

Ah yes, but sometimes 3 minutes and 20 second more of sleep is all you really need to tackle the day.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I have had the same thing happen to me...and what a mess!

Kim said...

Oh geez.. I had that happen to me but it was a glass of milk being poured.. a whole gallon of milk ALL OVER THE FLOOR.. ugh..

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that is too much!

Maybe tomorrow she'll get it right and you can sleep in.

Rachel said...

ha ha ha ha ha.
damn.
sorry girlie.

better luck nukes time ;_) *snort*

Burgh Baby said...

Damn. I hate when ingenuity gets ruined by a little "0."

Kat said...

Crap. Plan foiled. Sorry 'bout that.

Anonymous said...

FUNNY!!! (But not at the time, I'm sure). :)

Brittany said...

I have done things like that myself...sigh. Not fun.

Stephanie said...

Oh wow..I hate to say it, but I laughed a little!! lol

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.