Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Road Trip- By the Numbers

3100- dollars it would have cost to fly, which is why we chose to drive

+2600- miles driven

7- states travelled through

+/-40- hours in the car

32- Cracker Barrels between here and there, the cleanest bathrooms and a great bribery candy selection

36- state license plates we saw

1- high speed chase since I thought I saw Alaska, but we had to make sure it was Alaska, no matter that I was endangering my family to get that verification

2- nights spent in Atlanta taking in some sights and spending time with some good friends

5- awed faces when we saw trees with red and gold leaves, in H-town it's green or dead

9- officers seen hiding along the stretch from Mobile to Montgomery

1- herd of wayward goats on that same route, yes on the Interstate

0- pages of Marley and Me read, apparently I now get car sick :-(

6- only 6, movies watched, very impressive that they actually entertained themselves with gameboys and coloring and books instead

1- crazy, harebrained idea to drive straight through on the way home, 20 hours in the car, we're still recuperating

23- "are we there yet"s, but only on the way there, they knew how freakin' miserably long it was on the way home

2- yahoos on an Interstate overpass that caused me to slow down and ask "What are those freakazoids up to?" since I wasn't sure if there were throwing rocks or spitting or what. Turns out they were only raising their shirts. Somewhat anti climatic seeing as they were guys.

314- miles from home when all the girls freaking lost it!

312- miles from home when they got it all back together after threats that they would walk home from there

1- very happy family to have been able to spend time with loved ones, pictures and details soon

10 comments:

Katie Ryan said...

you're so brave! I would have never survived.

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys. Though I think you must have gone nuts to drive straight through home. I don't blame you, but man. That's a long haul. And the trundle bed, I feel ya....

April said...

Can't wait to hear more about it. Glad you're home safely!

Brittany said...

glad you made it home safely! Can't wait to see the photos!!

Anonymous said...

Awh.. so glad you guys are back home.. this was soo cute..

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. I love the recap by numbers!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Did you get to see THE movie again? And, we saw Bolt, too - it was amazing! I loved it more than the toddler. I hate cops on interstates. I also get car sick reading. I wonder if a Kindle would make it better?

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I hate long car trips, but glad you all made it back safe and sound!

Ed (zoesdad) said...

Is it wrong that my 2 year old twins can recognize a Cracker Barrel sign from 10 miles away?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Seriously...no call when in the Atl? I can't blame you...crying baby here!

You make a trip seem manageable. How long did it take?

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.