I never went to church growing up. I've always known that I had a relationship with God and that it was working fine for me. I knew he was there, he knew I was here, it was all good. But then I had kids and I decided that I wanted that relationship to be a little more and that I wanted my children to know things that I did not.
Like the fact that I know NOTHING when it comes to the Bible. But I want to learn and so I signed up for a Bible Study at the church. The first day I walked in, I began to rethink my decision. There was no one in the class that I knew. There were a few ladies that I have seen around church, some mentors from my MOPS group, but no one there that I could call a friend. And I was by far the youngest among them. So I almost decided not to continue on. But I'm so glad I didn't make that choice.
Because, I have learned a lot from these women. Their experiences and their journeys have prepared me for things to come in my life. Their stories touched me and I have formed some great new relationships with women that I would have never otherwise spent time with at all.
And the study itself, really forced me to look at my life and assess things. And it's helped a lot. Did I mention it was a Beth Moore study? Have you done one of these? Man, does she make you work!! But it was all worth it!
This morning was our last meeting. This morning Kathryn took a nose dive off the couch and split her chin and bit her tongue. This morning, I almost let her stay home. This morning I put a band aid on the chin and gave her a Popsicle, told her to suck it up, sent her to school and went to my bible study. And this morning, Beth Moore herself, crashed my class!!

Yes, she's a person just like you and me. She puts her pants on and applies her mascara the same exact way I do. But the difference is, that she has helped me and touched my life in ways that I never knew I needed. And to end this journey and get to meet her and pray with her, that's just plain awesome! And just what I needed to reaffirm my decision to keep learning and keep growing. As a Christian, a wife, a mother, a woman.


21 comments:
How awesome is that! Wow! That's one of those "God things" as some friends say..you sent Kathryn to school and you got to meet Beth Moore.
I've never done one of her studies, but I've heard rave reviews!
That's awesome! And good for you for sticking with the group.
I LOVE this Amy - and LOVE her too...But most of all - I am proud FOR YOU - and OF you - because more often than not - I have found - it is when you let down your guard in a room of COMPLETE strangers - that you can be exactly who you have always WANTED to be...there is no judgment - no knowledge of past - no expectations of your future, your wit, your role as a mommy, wife or who others know of Amy Parker - the friend...You get to sit back and listen - and then be heard - truly heard...supported and receive affirmation - what a safe HAVEN for you...SUPER!
UGH! I AM SO JEALOUS! I LOVE that woman! I have taken several of her Bible studies and grow so much each time! She is so smart! I would seriously move to Houston just to attend her church and be a part of her weekly Bible study! How lucky you are to have met her! And so cool that you continued with the class.
What a great post! I have heard wonderful things about her..I might have to try one out!
God always finds a way to amaze us!!
Beth came to your study??? AH! That is awesome!!!! I have been to her conferences; she is amazing! :)
Ok her studies are KILLER! BUT you get so much out of them! Amy, I am soooo happy for you girl. That is so cool to meet her! I actually used to take her bible studies at First Baptist! So excited to see all the positive changes in your life and your family!!!!
I'm so proud of you for sticking with it. And how cool to meet the famous Beth Moore!
That's wonderful, Amy! I've actually heard some really great things about her. Very special!
I did one of her studies and it was hard work but in the end I learned so much about my walk and the Lord. I wish I had meet her...awesome!
I've often said a popsicle and a bandaid will cure any ailment.
Pretty cool!
So, SO proud of you for doing this study. And, how cool is that THE Beth Moore stopped by?!?
That is AWESOME! WOW!
I have often thought of joining a Bible study. Why don't I? I need it.
Thanks for the reminder!
That is so cool. You look so happy to have finally met her. Cool!
That is wonderful Amy.
Can I have YOUR autograph?
That is awesome! Very cool that you had the chance to meet her!
What a great experience for you. I have done one of her studies and they are so hard but you are right you get so much out of them. I am so proud of you as I'm sure your family is!
I've recently jumped into a new role as Christian. And now I think of all that I was missing before.
So cool for you. I'm not versed enough to know who Beth Moore is...but my journey is unfolding so beautifully.
Yours gives me inspiration.
That is so awesome that you got to meet Beth Moore. Going to bible studies was important in helping me heal after my divorce from my hubby.
I got the courage to not only divorce him but then to sell the diamond engagement ring he gave me to www.idonowidont.com and that helped me get some closure. Everything happens for a reason!
Yay! Isn't it amazing how we are led down the path we're supposed to be on? Even when that path is lined with banged-up chins!
oh my gosh! I have done her bible studies before! She is awesome! We would watch her video, and then just go, wow!
Post a Comment