Don't laugh. Yes, I admit, I am a huge fan. And why wouldn't I be? I've only been dancing and singing her music since I was a wee little girl. Nothing like jumping on your bed at the age of 8 belting out Like A Virgin and having no idea what a virgin is... Hmm, kinda like a certain 6 year old of mine who likes to sing I Kissed A Girl.
You have to admire the way the lady has reinvented herself and her music over and over and over again. And we the public, keep buying it and buying it. In fact, I'm gonna bet the huge "M" stands for money!
Miss Thing kept us waiting two hours but when she finally appeared it was non-stop. She's so much tinier in real life...
Really, though, we had great seats, right in front of the Jumbotron so we got up close and personal with all her fabulous crotch shots. But she looked A-MAZ-ING! And I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that she is 50! Seriously no amount of
I was so happy my Shana got to come down and sing and dance with me. And do lemon drop shots ;-) And laugh with me at the insane amount of bridal gowns and lace to be seen in the audience. And sequins. On men. And listen to me stress about the condition of the baseball field under the stage. And not freak out at my impatient driving skills in trying to exit the downtown area after the show. I can be quite scary.

And we met up with another HMIM at a bar beforehead, Andrea, my sista from another mista!

So great to see these gals and making me want another HMIM getaway real SOON!!
I would like to address the moron in the front row. Madonna personally asks you to choose any of her old songs for her to sing and the audience to follow along with and you pick... SECRET?Hello? Dude, Material Girl, Cherish, Express Yourself, LIKE A VIRGIN?? Seriously.
Best show I've ever been to. I feel sorry for Coldplay now on Tuesday night. Talk about a tough act to follow!


12 comments:
Oh yeah - I told Shana I was beyond jealous - to straight ENVY -because Madonna and I go WAAAAAYYYYYY back - Yeah - this 37 year old has been lovin' her since day one as well - I love shrewd and clever business women...and following and cheering on her EVERY move - and buying her stuff, like her Sex book with INCREDIBLE photos - and singing her songs and forgiving her for whatever she was thinking with Warren Beatty - and watching Truth or Dare about 2000 times while living in the sorority house - and pretending to be a Vogue dancer while lip syncing in KA Airband - and "taping" all of her songs on "fav cassette tapes" and trading the tapes with Terri - and excuse me Amy...I just got LOST in my Madonna mania for a minute... I shall contain myself - and say GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!!! She may be 70 and still dancin' before I get there - :) But I have NO doubt she will STILL be dancin'! :) What a SUPER memory!!!
how fun. So sorry I had to miss that!!
I was there too!!! My post is going up tonight, so be sure to come back and see! ;)
I thought it was fantastic!!!
So many gays and sequins..you are totally right!!
The 2 hours waiting sucked, but she put on one hell of a show!!
Glad you had fun!!
I could have killed "Tom" when he requested Secret...are you kidding me!?!?!?!?
I'm hoping Coldplay is good enough for you tomorrow. But, FRIDAY!! Yay for margies and Edward on Friday.
She is freaking amazing. Even though she kinda scares me now with her crazy too toned muscley and sinewy body, but you gotta give the woman props!
I'm so envious. I used to love her! well, I still do :-)
FUN FUN!!
Sounds fun to me!!!
BIG huge Madonna fan here! I can so relate to singing Like a Virgin w/o knowing the meaning.
Jealous.
You guys are so cute!
I am so jealous..I love love love Madonna..always have.. we actually just had a full blow conversation about Madonna at work the other day.. the woman is freaking brillant.. So glad you had a great time!!
i saw madonna when she did the like a virgin tour. she was awesome!!! i'm been a fan of hers for a long time...and i'm not afraid to admit it! it's amazing to me how she constantly reinvents herself to keep up with the trends. that. is amazing marketing!!!
i'm glad you had fun.
Wow, what fun!! So glad Y'all had a great time!!
Glad you had a good time! Sequins on men? Not my thing!
Coldplay? I bet they will impress.
I am so jealous! I've never seen her!
Post a Comment