Friday, November 21, 2008

Once Bitten

I think one of the reasons that I had kids at such a young age was because I wanted a valid excuse to go see Disney cartoons when they came out in theaters. You know, so I wouldn't look like the biggest dork ever just sitting there by myself. No matter that Alli was only a week old when I took her to see Pocahontas. She totally loved it ;-)

So now, tonight, it was great to have the girls with me when we went to see Twilight. And there was nothing better than seeing that movie with a few screaming adolescents! And of course with her and her!

I will be the first to say that I was afraid, very afraid that they were going to butcher this movie. Especially since the last few books-to-movies that I have seen have all been disappointing. And since I thought they had the casting all wrong from the get go. But, and now brace yourselves people, cause I never, ever say this, I was wrong! The movie was great! And that's all I'm gonna say about that because I'm not a critic and you should totally just go see it.

And Alli is still hyper-ventilating. And shaking. And saying We have to go back and see it again. She is crazy obsessed. But not as obsessed as the lady who took the life-size cardboard cutout of our favorite bloodsucker to the movies as her date. But of course we were crazy enough to chase her down for a photo op:




And yes, I did push Abby out of the way to get closer to him. Cause I'm the mom and I can do things like that. I totally play the birth card, every chance I get.

So can you guess what Alli is asking for from Santa ;-) Good, because he had no idea what to get her!

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Ohhh I want to see this!!!! None of my other girlfriends read the books, and no one will go with me to see it! AH! I guess I'll have to go alone. sigh.

Anonymous said...

Oh... I really didn't like it. At all. Sigh. What's wrong with me??????

Rachel said...

I am still so sad that I wasn't able to drive up there to see it with y'all. And Hubs was actually in Houston ALL DAY for work yesterday. grrrrrrrrrr.

That picture is precious!

Unknown said...

I totally need to read the books and see the movie. I have been hearing so much about it, and I am a vampire lover!!!

Anonymous said...

I did the review post, too. Have a great trip to North Carolina. Drink heavily when they four wee lasses get on that last nerve.

Stephanie said...

Yeah..I'm glad you like it! I think going in not expecting much really helped!!
Love the picture...wow, a lady really brought that?!?!?!

Stephanie said...

Loved it! Had a blast with you girls and so glad I got to meet the little ones. Now if only I'd gotten to take a picture with Edward!

Anonymous said...

I would have taken that life size Edward home with me.. lol

The movie was meh to me.. I have my review scheduled for tomorrow..

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Cute pick! Glad you had a good time.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.