So Emma has had a toothache all weekend long. And all weekend long we have been at a swim meet at LSU. So all weekend long, I've been drowning her in Children's Tylenol. And first thing Monday morning I got her into the dentist to see what is going on. An infection, that's what. In her silver tooth, which after a week of antibiotics is going to have to be extracted. Oh joy.
"Mom, since it's a special silver tooth...do I get more money from the tooth fairy?"
"No dear, the tooth fairy gives the dentist extra money since he gets to pull it out."
"Well, that's not fair."
Yeah, I know.
Of course, it only really hurts when it's convenient. For her. Like when she came home from school and she was just lounging on the couch, watching TV and playing on her Ipod, everything is great. But the second I turned off the idiot box and told her it was time for homework, suddenly tears are streaming and the pain is unbearable.
And even more so when it came to spelling. Last week she got a very not so great grade on her test. Which was my fault. Because I didn't study with her. Because she didn't remind me that she had a test. Because I was caught up in the 10th grader's passport project. And the 8th grader's upcoming cotillion dance. And honestly I can't keep straight who has what on which day. That's where responsibility comes in. You tell me when your test is and I will help you study.
And so this week I told her we would study spelling words every night. And not just over breakfast the morning of her test like we usually do. But like I said...unbearable pain. She couldn't function, it's too hard, just wanted to go to bed, etc. However it is even more important that we work on her words this week since I've exposed her all weekend long to these door signs:
And her words do all start with the letter "G" this week.
Emma isn't the only one with massive tooth problems around here. Her father, whom I've been harping on to go to the dentist for 9 years, yes you read that right, 9 years, lost half a tooth while eating a fajita the other day.
"Maybe I should go to the dentist."
"Umm, you think?"
So he went. And let me tell you that we could feed a small country in Africa for the amount of money it's going to take to fix that man's mouth. I did not say I told you so. I'm still steamed that I'll be living on Ramen Noodles and clipping coupons for the rest of the year.
But once again this is somehow my fault. Because I never made him an appointment. I just reminded him every six months when I was going and handed him the dentist's phone number so he could call since he knew his schedule and they knew theirs and I knew neither so why should I even get involved. I did what I could. Anyway, he went. And now he swears he's setting up his physical...soon.
I'll hold my breath.
Oh and he can't spell either.
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment