While at lunch today, the girls played their favorite game of let me tell you why you're not my favorite sister. Oh this is great fun. Basically they pick each other apart and air out their feelings and while at the time it is a hormonal disaster, in the long run, I think it rather works out for the best.
Abby was being snotty to Alli and Alli was telling her all about it. Abby went on to defend herself by letting Alli know that she's been making her mad all week long. I interject by letting them both know that they both have been at fault and somehow manage to back them both up at the same time as well. It's a gift I possess...none of my girls will ever know whose side I'm really on. This insures that they all buy me kickass Christmas presents when they grow up.
So I tell Abby that she has no right to be that way to Alli no matter how mad she makes her. And to wipe the smirk off of Alli's face, I tell her that she needs to remember she's not better than everyone else and stop acting so high and mighty. And then Kathryn tears herself away from her current Ipod addiction, Robot Unicorn Attack, and pipes in, "Yeah, Alli, you're not exactly humble." Big word for the 6 year old and used correctly in context and just so happened to be today's Sunday school lesson.
Score! She listens...in church. To me, not so much. The books in her room are still on the floor in front of the bookcase as opposed to on the shelves. Her pajamas from this morning are still on the coffee table. And the dog she was told to let in is still currently barking at the back door.
But hey, at least now I know she's capable.
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


1 comment:
Gotta love that! ;) I love how you can stay neutral!
Post a Comment