Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten on Tuesday*

I know I shouldn't complain. I mean I check my Ipod every morning to see what the temps are throughout the country where all my various relatives live. Maiden Rock, Wisconsin will experience a low of -11 degrees this week. But that's why I don't live there. I like the sun and the warmth. And so while the rest of the country might scoff at what we Houstonians call winter...it's all relative...and it stills sucks to us.

Reasons I Really Hate Winter

1. Comfort food makes me fat.

2. I can't get a pedicure every other week.

3. My daughter wants tomato soup in her lunchbox...I detest the smell of tomato soup.

4. Laundry takes that much longer since I have to untangle sleeves and pant legs.

5. I forget what the sun looks like.

6. My husband wants to cuddle more than usual. (maybe that's not so bad)

7. We can't ever get the good white fluffy stuff...it's all a miserable wet mess.

8. Most of my TV shows are all reruns.

9. Even though we own a thousand hoodies, we can never seem to find a jacket when it's time to leave for school.

10. I have to take out a loan at Starbucks.

*I'm renaming the segment. It's not always a top ten, sometimes it's just a random mess of mumbo jumbo...like today.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

While I actually love the cold weather..I will agree on a few things..
no new tv, starbucks and comfort food making me fat, and no pedicures are a big fall back! lol

Bethany said...

The sun...I miss the warm sun. Gosh, I miss even just the sun in general!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.