Monday, January 3, 2011

But surgery would be so much easier...

Let's face it. I popped a Tootsie Roll in my mouth on Halloween and I haven't stopped eating since. Tis the season. Of turkey and stuffing and sweets and treats and cookies and cocoa. And it all has taken up permanent residence in my midsection and thighs.

So a new year and I tell myself what everyone else does. It's time to start working out. Yeah right. It's hard to work out when all the exercises you used to do are the ones that will send you to the ER because of your bad back. That and really, I'll admit it, I'm just lazy.

At the girls' swim club they offer an exercise program. It's an idea I've been toying with for a few months. Swimming would be fabulous for me...according to my physical therapist. So would walking and yoga he says. But I don't have the patience and mind set to get all zen for an hour. And I really hate getting my face and hair wet, so what's a girl to do? According to her husband, eat better. Again...yeah right.

Look, I'm not that big of a gal. There are plenty of women out there that would be extremely happy with my shape and size. And I know this. And I also know that if I set my mind to it, I'd be back in the shape and size that I know I am capable of in about no time flat. I'm lucky like that. I'm also lucky in the fact that I have learned to not only embrace my curves but to love them. However I would love them to not be spilling out over the top of the waistband of my expensive designer jeans. Which I am not currently wearing a lot of thanks to the brilliant fashion of leggings and long tunics.

So tonight he fixes dinner. And as I am lazing around on my comfortable couch, I ask what he is making. Spaghetti. Oh how I love spaghetti. And I'm starving. And later he calls out that dinner is ready and we all run to the table and sit down for some Italian brilliance and what the hell is that on my plate. Ground turkey and whole wheat pasta that's what.

Ick.

So yeah I'll get back in the groove because that whole healthy eating thing is not my bag. But when the kids go back to school in a few days. It's way too hard to do anything for myself while they are around. Even torture, which exercise is. But the Ipod is loaded with new songs and the weather isn't too unbearably cold or hot. So I'll strap on the sneakers and start walking again. Or actually utilize that home gym equipment collecting dust. You know soon.

In the meantime, like right now...I'm gonna stuff in some Ben and Jerry's to erase the trauma of dinner.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You can do it!! (not eat the ice cream..but walk! lol)
I have been SO bad too. Weight watchers emails me weekly newsletters, and I keep deleting them! I pay for WW and the gym every month..havent touched one of them in about 4 months..UGH!
MUST WALK!!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.