So my birthday, come and gone. And in the past it's been a glamorous event but this year not so much. I just felt like doing nothing and I did. First year I didn't gussy myself up and drive into the city for a fabulous massage and a new purchase of designer jeans. Probably because I just purchased a pair of designer sweat pants since that's about all I'm fitting into these days.
And really a day like any other. I had to clean the house before the cleaner came. I had to deal with wardrobe choices and missing jackets and sassy attitudes. I had to pick up a sick kid from school. I had to doctor a hand that got slammed in a door. I had to fight to get kids to bed at a reasonable hour. I had to listen to the insanity of one of my children thinking they would possibly join the Army. Uh. No.
But you know, there are some good things. The Facebook love. The phone calls. The text messages. It's nice to feel special. The wonderful dinner out. The awesome cake. Even though my husband tried to convince me that he hadn't gotten one. Which I know, that he knows...better. After the non-existent cake a few years back he has learned to either show up with a bakery box or be served with divorce papers. So yeah, the cake always rocks.
And just so you know I'm 29. Again. Ignore those candles. They're the only ones we could find.
And the presents. This year I'm being taken to see West Side Story. On stage. Which I have never seen on stage before. So there will be a few thousand witnesses to my complete emotional breakdown when Tony dies. Gets me every time. It's one of my favorite musicals and I've seen it a million times but no matter that I know what's about to happen, the waterworks do not stop. So I will have to make sure to take a purse big enough to accommodate a box of tissues. Because a pocket pack is not going to be enough.
And then after the show, some top secret surprise. Which I know nothing about. And that makes me somewhat furious. Because I don't do well with waiting. And the show is still over a week away. I mean c'mon. My surprises should be given to me on my birthday not nine days after. I call bullcrap. Especially since everyone but me knows.
But hey bright side is now I know that you want to know too. So I'll definitely have something to blog about later ;-)
Am I random enough here? I feel like I'm rambling. Must be the old age...


2 comments:
Happy Birthday!!
Hope you had a great Birthday, cute cake!
Post a Comment