Friday, December 19, 2008

Santa...and steak. It doesn't get much better.

I can't remember a better visit with Santa. Front row parking in the mall lot and absolutely no line to see him. And no tears, oh how I love no tears. Although Alli was close.

"Do I really have to take a picture with him?"

"Umm, yeah. I outfit your little butt in abercrombie, allow you to have a cell phone, and take your friends to concerts, I think the least you could do is sit there and smile. But not on his lap, because you're a little too old for that."



At least I didn't force her to wear a matching shirt like last year. I wouldn't dare cause her the embarrassment of actually looking as cute as her sisters. Although I did have them all in black, to signify the coal they are all getting this year. They've not been so good.

The best part of our little time with Santa would have to be what the girls asked for. Usually I'm standing there praying they aren't wanting the latest and greatest and sold out toy. Usually we do this much earlier in the month so I can track down whatever they ask for. This year, I just crossed my fingers and heard that Kathryn would like nothing more than some paper and markers. And Emma said ,"Whatever Santa, just surprise me." Is that not brilliant? Santa so LOVES those answers!

Every year after seeing Santa we go to our favorite restaurant to visit during the holidays. Nothing gets me in the mood like going to Taste of Texas and seeing how beautifully decked their halls are. Not to mention the awesome steaks, fantastic wine, and the BEST baked potato soup on the planet. I could seriously eat a barrel.

I was posing the girls in front of the fireplace for a picture when a very nice old gentleman rolled by and basically ordered me to surrender my camera and go sit with my family. He asked "how to work this new fangled gadget" to which I replied, I'm still not really sure. He rolled forward and backward and forward and backward again in his electric scooter and I had to whisper to Emma that she could not have a ride. It only took him 5 minutes to get situated and we weren't about to ask him to snap another, just to make sure. So as good as it gets...



And why is Momma so happy? And blurry? What happens when 7 year olds play with cameras.



Because she's so happy to be sharing this wonderful night with her family, who maybe will get a little more than coal? Because she was able to relax and just let some stress melt away, if only for an hour? Because her husband is grabbing her butt?
No it's because our waiter looked exactly like Vin Diesel.
As if I needed another reason to go back. The birthday is only 18 days away...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT set of pictures!! Sounds like a great time!

Rachel said...

What a great day! Love the black shirts!! Such a rebel mommy.

Cute pic of you two, too.

the story of the older gentleman in the scooter chair made me giggle, I can totally picture that ;-) hee hee.

MWAH!

Brittany said...

whoa, that Santa looks just like OUR santa!! Maybe Santa *IS* real! :)

Stephanie said...

OH, that soup is to die for!!!
Great pics!!

April said...

Well, it's about time your outings weren't quite so stressful!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.