I want to show you something...
This picture was taken in Galveston in July, long before Hurricane Ike hit.
This picture was taken yesterday from the same exact spot.
We went to Galveston this weekend to do one of our favorite things, the Moody Gardens Festival of Lights. Usually this is our Thanksgiving tradition but you might remember we went on a crazy drive to North Carolina instead to see some grandmas.

4 generations
So this was the weekend we could squeeze the lights in. It was our first trip to the island since the hurricane and all I can say is WOW! I have to tell you how amazed I am at the spirit of the people who live there. They are AMAZING! So many have taken the storm and turned it into an opportunity to better their homes and businesses. I had my doubts about what Galveston would look like and what would be open. Oh yeah, it was a mini HMIMs Weekend scouting mission as well! And there is so much more going on than I thought. And the spirit of the people there is truly inspiring.
The girls loved the lights, they always do, even though it was a condensed version this year. But the fact they put on the festival at all was so nice. I'm thinking the folks of Galveston really do appreciate this little bit of Christmas!
We were FREEZING! I mean, I know I shouldn't complain, seeing what temperatures are up north and all, but seriously we were cold. All the gear came out and the girls were ready to roll. Kathryn says What up!
The favorite display, every year...

And how can you not love a man who willingly wears a goofy hat?
He got so many compliments and heard none of them since his ears were covered.

We miss Alli and Abby!
And best of all...

the reason for the season! And the true meaning of spirit all around.


7 comments:
Wow, those are powerful pictures in Galveston! Also, very cute Christmas pictures. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
The Galveston pictures are so sad..
However..those pictures of you and the girls and the awesome hat are wonderful!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!! xo
Thats such a sad pic of Galveston :( I'm so glad to think there are still people there that care!
Hope you have a wonderul Christmas! I love the pics of you and the girls! (and dad too! lol)
Merry Christmas to you and the family!
uh, did you move? I thought you still loved in houston, but those pictures make it seem like you actually moved somewhere cold the way you guys are bundled up!
Merry Christmas.
I can't believe the changes in Galveston...I'm glad you were able to squeeze the trip in.
I'm so sad about Galveston.
I'm missing the cold now. ;-( It's 70 and we're just outside of Bryan on christmas eve and it's 70!! WTH?
GAH.
The pictures are fabulous, y'all are just darlin', such a precious and good looking family.
Merry Christmas! I wish y'all tons of magic and love darlin'.
Post a Comment