We hit the door running and haven't stopped since. The girls have had all sorts of exhausting fun. At least I'm exhausted.
We spent a week down at the beach house and this year Kathryn was finally old enough to get her braids at the spa:

I locked them in the shark cage at Moody Gardens:

but they got out.
Kathryn had her first, and according to her, only dance recital.
My dreams of sequins are dashed forever.
We've been taking advantage of some of the day camps at our church. Their favorite so far was the snake guy. Kathryn actually got brave this time, not like at her cousin's party.
And someone had a birthday:
Are you kidding me? Where did the time go?
Abby went to horse camp, her favorite part of summer. I think this year was by far her favorite. She got to do all sorts of new fun things. Check out my rodeo princess-barrel racer-in training:
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
You know, those girls wear sequins...
And of course we have been doing a whole lot of this:
That's what 19.78 seconds looks like! FAST! She qualified for an Invitational meet this weekend in her freestyle and backstroke. We couldn't be prouder. And we couldn't be more tired. Every day practices, getting up before the sun to get to the meets. But when your kid loves something so much...
So yeah, it's been a little crazy. And a lot of fun. And so much more fun to be had. I do always say it, I'm counting down the days til school starts.
Maybe then I can relax and finally be a little lazy ;-)





5 comments:
Wow..I need a nap (or a margarita!) after reading that! I cant imagine how you feel with 4..just my one keeps me on my toes 24 hours a day!
Looks like the kids are having a blast though!!
From Michaela: Emma's swimming is the best thing I have ever seen!
I shall stop complaining of the hectic pace I thought I had for the first three weeks of my summer.
At this rate--you'll really be glad when school starts back.
Ok...I shouldn't complain so much about how busy I am! :) Looks like you guys are having a great time though!! Are you ready for school to start back yet?? :)
Oh, boy...you are really giving me a preview of my life in a couple years....I'm exhausted reading all about that, too!
Post a Comment