Sunday, July 5, 2009

This Land is our Land

It's really easy at this time of year to love your country. To be thankful to live in this wonderful place we call America. And what better way to appreciate the land of the free than to drive all over it?!

It's time for the annual road trip. Which this year, is also known as Suicide Misson V. Oh yeah, every year, I load the brats up and we head out on the great Interstate to places far from here. And every year, the girls have a blast and narrowly escape being abandoned on the side of the road.

This year promises to be no different. Because you know I just don't get in the car and drive. We gotta see the sites. I mean you can't really read those historical markers while you're flying by at 90 70mph. I believe in truly experiencing this land we live in. And in a few short days, we will embark on our latest adventure.

You see, this year, we'll stop off here for a tour and an authentic snowball. And then we might see where our country started a process of change. And we might stop off for a refreshing beverage. And then we are so very excited to see how the other half lived. And then we'll spend a week immersed in history and roller coasters and Grandma! And then we'll spend time with family who live a stone's throw away from the city that never sleeps and see this and this and this and who knows what else. And just because we will not have experienced near enough history, we're gonna hit here too. And eat a cheesesteak. And see great friends (and hopefully new babies) outside our nation's capital where I've been told by the short people living in my house that we HAVE to go see this.

And how can you travel America without taking in the national pastime? Which is why we're gonna go here and here. And maybe even here, if the sale of my kidney goes through...

Sorry. Are you enjoying all my linky love? Let me explain that...It's how I'm wasting time and avoiding packing. But I best get to it, because this is a trip for the record books.

And I'm gonna need a vacation when I get back.

5 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sounds like a blast.

If you hit up Coca-Cola..you'll have to let me know!

Kris said...

I am exhausted just thinking about it! I know you and the girls will have a super time!!!

Stephanie said...

You are a brave, brave woman!

Unknown said...

I love that you do this with the girls!!! They will remember these fun trips and I bet they do the exact same thing with their children one day!!! I can only imagine the miles Ben and Emma will inflict on their crew with roadtrip loving moms like us!!

Katie said...

Y'all are gonna have SO much fun!! Can't wait to see pics & hear all the stories!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.