Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School's Out!

Ah, their favorite time of year. Mine, not so much.

Even though Emma had to miss the last day of school due to some bad shrimp and a midnight visit from the vomit fairy, she was not missing out on the street's end of school bash. I promise, she was perfectly fine. Not like when I let Abby go to her award ceremony and she had only been on her strep medication for 12 hours.

And really, it is the best party we have all year! We all love it, we can't wait for it, we look forward to it...well those of us who aren't going into high school and apparently have better things to do than hang out with their neighbors and cool parents. Funny how it doesn't stop her from calling me to bring her money...

Anyway, kicking summer off in style. Which means busting out the collectively owned snowcone machine, taking our winnings from last year's 4th of July parade to get the biggest, baddest water slide available and partaking in all sorts of junk food.

Here's to summer and all the fun that comes with it. Beach Week, camps and the mother of all road trips. Seriously, if we survive this one it will be a miracle.

But all that fun aside, I'm already counting down the days til school starts back up again! ;-)


6 comments:

Katie said...

WOW, What fun!!! Hooray for school being out! ;)

Kat said...

Yay! I love summer. And I'm all for school being out. I don't like all the schedules to keep. I like my days free in the sun to do whatever the boys and I can think of. Yay summer! :)

elliottsonthemove said...

Love seeing all your pics! Rachel Del Toro shared your blog with me last year so I kind of feel like I live on the sac, too...ha! Give Rachel a big hug from Nikki in Ft. Worth. Love to see how big Miss Hayden is becoming. My Julia will also be in kindergarten this fall. Have a great summer!

Burgh Baby said...

Aw, those pics are great! Hooray for summer! I just wish it meant *I* got to hang out at the pool all the time.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a fun time.

We might need to institute a summer-starting bash. That looks like a blast.

Dawn said...

You're so funny! Is your school start date ticker up yet? :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.