Monday, February 9, 2009

Hissssssssssss

I might have mentioned a billion times how I'm terrified of bugs. Maybe that just makes me slightly fearful of snakes. Yeah, not really.

My niece Parker celebrated her birthday with Mr. Clint the Snake Guy and his many pillowcases full of slippery friends. I touched one, for like a second. And decided that I much prefer them behind glass walls. My girls were a little braver...




Kathryn had the good sense of her mother and ignored the whole presentation. In fact she took full advantage of the fact that all party guests were entertained and wreaked havoc on the empty playroom.

Poor Emma had been looking forward to the party FOREVER and unfortunately woke up early that morning with a 104 fever. So we secluded her from guests and reptiles but Mr. Clint would have none of that. He was so sweet he brought a snake to visit her in bed. That's really not sounding right, is it?


And Parker was concerned about her cousin too and brought along a friend. And plopped that friend right down. And the friend started slithering under the covers. And luckily Emma was so high on Motrin she didn't freak out. But had Uncle Chad seen it, that would have been a different story. He's even less of a fan than I am and I'm not sure if that was his side of the bed or not...



Oh well, he should be happy it wasn't this snake.
I wonder if they ever did find it...I'm sure Parker has a new pet ;-)

14 comments:

Kimberly said...

Poor Emma! Hope she is feeling better. Snakes freak me out! I would have lost it if it was placed in bed with me! Emma is a brave little girl.

Brittany said...

I would say that looks like fun, but I would be lying. I am not a fan of snakes. eek!

Feel well, soon, Emma!

Anonymous said...

YOU?!?! A GIANT ASSHOLE.



Email me, text me, POST A HUGE EFFING message before the freaking post!!! "Hey, TRACI-look away!" Like I did before the post about Me and Tony?! Because that's what NICE SISTERS DO FOR EACH OTHER.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Oh, my hell. I do not do snakes either. Why did you niece want snakes at her party?? That's crazy. Simply crazy.

That link? OMG

Katie said...

I am not a big fan of snakes either!! I have touched one before (back in Kindergarten) but of it was that close to me I would have freaked out!!!

Stephanie said...

Poor Emma :( Atleast she got to be a part of the party still..even though I might have liked to be left out of that one! lol
I HATE snakes..they creep me out even behind glass!
Landons had that Clint guy come to his Montessori school and he loved it!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I HATE snakes and oh my god if one was near me in bed I would have have died!!!

Stephanie said...

Oh no no no no no! I could not have touched that. Oh my gosh! That gives me the chills :) I'm a chicken though. I admit it.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I could do without the pictures of the snakes...now my skin is crawling. Ick!

I hope Emma is feeling better today.

Dawn said...

I'm with you girlie on the "behind glass walls thing!" Looks like the girls aren't scared. Hope Emma is better.

JKMN said...

Cool - maybe I should get a snake guy for Nathan's bday. Of course, I am the crazy one that scheduled a moms club field trip for the snake feeding at the Heard. Only a few kids (and several moms) were traumatized. Hope Emma is doing better - we are ready for "cold and flu" season to be over!

Kat said...

I'm not really scared of snakes, but I could definitely do without them. ;)

Dreams and Designs said...

Ohhhh, no snakes in the bed, no snakes in the bed!!!!

Poor Emma- hope she is feeling better!

Ed (zoesdad) said...

All I can say is No Freaking Way!

The only good snake is a dead snake!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.