This has worked marvellously in the past! You see I'm not really all that big of a fan of this "holiday". I feel like you should be showing the love every day. But much like Mother's Day, I prefer to celebrate it by not cooking. And not wanting to fight the crowds, one year we decided to roll into IHOP and found it empty. And a tradition was born. No wait, great service, we all love breakfast for dinner, what could be better?
This year, we were tired. So, so tired. It had probably been the longest, hardest week in quite a while. And the day was jam packed with activities for EVERYONE. But dang it, I'm all about tradition, so out into the rain we went. And when we got there, IHOP was hoppin'!
Um, what the heck? Who went and let this whole town know that IHOP was the place to be? For the past 5 or 6 years, we've had it all to ourselves. Who are you people and why are you eating my bacon?
So I was a wee bit irritated. And did I mention that they girls were tired? And when they are tired they turn in little witches. And they didn't even want to go to IHOP. But I made them, because last year we blew it off to go see the Jonas Brothers instead and I figured the brats owed me a quick two egg breakfast. And since they were all so nice, I am going to post this very unflattering picture of my sweethearts for all the world to see.

At church the next morning, during the children's lesson, the pastor asked the kids what they did to celebrate Valentines Day. Clear as a bell, all the way in the back pew, I hear Emma say, "We went to IHOP for dinner!"
So now, not only is the secret out about where to eat on Love Day, the secret is also out that our family is cheap.
And on the one Sunday we didn't bring any money for the collection plate...


14 comments:
Yes, we stole this idea from you a few years back, and we love it!
Maybe next year we should meet at an IHOP that's halfway between us! ;)
OK! Finally someone who eats there. I have been a closet IHOP eater for years! Love me some eggs! :)
It's a cute tradition!
Cute tradition..sorry everyone else found out about it though!!
That is so funny she said that at church!!
Way to go cheap mommy!! ;)
There is nothing wrong with a little IHOP! What a great tradition! :) Traditions are always important and show a lot of love!
Cheap is good! Glad you got your two egg breakfast.
Little stinkers outing you like that? Trouble!
I love IHOP. Can't get my wife to try it.
Waffle House has always worked well for us, but I may have to give IHOP another chance.
What a great tradition! We love IHOP and ate there two times last week :)
I love that idea! Mmmm, pancakes! :)
This year I bought myself flowers and chocolate covered strawberries and I'm glad I did. Hubby got me a card, but forgot to give it to me. ;)
Girl...you got lots of mouths to feed...ain't nothin' wrong with goin' cheap! Where else can you get those funny face pancakes? :)
Fantastic Idea! And I do love my breakfast - it's my fav meal for any time of day. No joke.
Oddly enough, I had a dream about a Jonas Brother last night. And I don't know any of their music. I'll tell you about it on Saturday.
OK, I'm going to IHOP next year. Hopefully everyone that figured out the idea this year will be annoyed at the crowds and try somewhere new next year.
Actually I must be SUPER cheap then - because I think IHOP is a RIP OFF - where else do you pay $3 for a 2-inch juice glass or $4 for 2 strips of SOGGY bacon...and those little sausages? Eww... yet - my kids think it is tasty and love the face pancakes...and I can't seem to go for a combo...I eat a la carte...
I think I'd rather see the Jonas brothers than go to IHOP. But there is probably something wrong with me.
Post a Comment