Monday, September 7, 2009

While on the subject...

...of waiting that is.

Some of you have been waiting for some pictures of the trip we took 6 months ago. Yeah, sorry. But you know what, I think that I'm actually gonna get around to that this week. And then I might even get out Kathryn's birth post which my mom has now been waiting on for over a year. But no promises...

Anyway, the girls had been waiting too. For a while. See they knew that we were going on a secret trip for Spring Break but did not know where. Because I wasn't going to listen to them ask day after day for months and months "When are we going?" They only knew that it had better be good since it was taking them away from seeing Taylor Swift at the rodeo.

I had grand thoughts of just whisking them away to the airport in the morning, destination still unknown. But then I realized that would make for a really long flight. And once they saw Orlando, well they're smart girls. And I wanted some kind of exciting reveal other than in the middle of the airport lobby.

So I decided a treasure hunt was in order a few nights before and handed Emma the first clue.



It directed them to the study to see how we were getting to where we were going. And boy was Kathryn excited! We literally could have just taken a flight around Houston and I think it would have good enough for her.




Now each clue after had something to do with one of the parks in DisneyWorld. You know, they were actually quite clever and rhymed. And the first letter of each clue, when you put them together spelled Disney. But I for the life of me, cannot remember where they are or what they said. But I did mention, this was all six months ago...


So the next clue sent them up to Krazy K's room to visit the "Tree of Life".




And then they headed off to the playroom to see Mom's fantastic Lego interpretation of the Tower of Terror.




Next they headed off to where the Princess spends most of her time. The clue was attached to the tiara. Which, guess who put that on?




And then, finally, a use for that silver exercise ball!! Because I sure never exercise with it. And you can't get much closer to the giant Epcot golf ball than that.




They found a box with their monogrammed Mickey ears and then the screaming began. And then Alli never wore the ears again...




And the waiting was over. They knew where we were off to. They forgave me for the whole lack of a Taylor Swift concert. And then they only got to bug me for 3 days with the "is it time yet" question. And we went and had a magical time. Just wait, and you might see...;-)

3 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I love it and thanks for helping me validate - that I am ALSO very behind...In the past two weeks, I have blogged about EASTER - and just finished with a JUNE 1st post...So, don't go too fast... can't be left behind AGAIN... :)

Stephanie said...

I wont hold my breath!! haha
Hope to see them soon! We are thinking about going again in April!! I am super excited!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a fun way to tell the girls about the trip.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.