So a few highlights of our time in the Big Apple. We were
There was so much that we wanted to see in such a little time but I'm satisfied that we made the most of it. We got to see Lady Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry. We walked by Ground Zero. And we ran all over Times Square like lunatics. Because even though we love our hosts dearly and were relying on their sage NYC advice, none of the Broadway shows we wanted to see were on sale at Tickets Tickets and Wednesday matinees do in fact sell out. But that's okay, they scored us Yankees tics, so I'll forgive them ;-) And Mary Poppins will be here shortly. To which we will totally drive.
And since we couldn't make it to a show and were extremely grumpy, tired, hungry and hot, we bopped into the nearest friendly tourist trap aka Planet Hollywood which made the girls happy. Especially when they got to see Bella's prom dress and Edward's tux on display. And then we made them even happier by riding the Toys R Us ferris wheel. I guess it really is the little things...
We journeyed to the Top of the Rock and got a bird's eye view of Manhattan. And it was ginormous! We indulged in a 9 dollar frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity. And it was delicious!
And then we went to the Museum of Natural History since the kids all loved Night at the Museum and I think that their main goal on this trip was to see Dum Dum. Because honestly, oversized stuffed animals, historic dioramas and shards of pottery from 1200 BC can only hold their attention for so long. After much searching I asked the 4th security guard we saw to point us in the right direction and he finally knew. Not only did he do that but he also grabbed my map and circled the spots where we would find everything from the movie. Why this guy was not posted at the front door, I don't know.
We had a great time in the city! And will definitely have to go back. Because in the short time we had, there was no shopping on 5th Avenue. And that's something that every girl's gotta do!



2 comments:
What GREAT photos! Looks like a fantastic vacation. Can I come next time?? :)
Looks like sooooo much fun! Love the video :)
Post a Comment