Monday, August 24, 2009

Free at last...

free at last. Thank God Almighty, I am free at last!

Okay maybe 14 years at home with a kid doesn't quite compare with the 100+ years of discrimination and segregation. But maybe it does...

Because I kind of have attained the unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I mean just the fact that I am guaranteed to get a shower without anyone barging in is pretty dang monumental!

First day of school: 2009, and what a big day it was! Alli started high school, HIGH SCHOOL!! And no signs of stress this morning at all. In fact, she was quite the happy camper, which is very unlike her before the noon hour. I had to feel her forehead just to make sure she wasn't running a fever.




Abby starts her second year in middle school, which means this year will be H-E-double hockey sticks, because we all know how the hormones multiple exponentially during 7th grade. It's great fun. Really. I think my purchases of rum will be multiplying too.



Emma is off to 2nd grade. And that was somewhat anti-climatic since she really doesn't care about school. In fact these past few days we've been having our annual conversation. The one in which she asks me "Why can't you homeschool me?" And then I reply "Because I love you too much."




And then my baby, my sweet Krazy K started the big K, off to Kindergarten!! And while I was sure that I was going to be an absolute wreck with my last one leaving the house, I wasn't. Maybe because Steven was home with me today, so it was kinda like still having a 5 year old around.



Plus, it is really comforting to know that she has big sister to drag her by the arm guide her gently through the halls.



And since her teacher has playdoh, I know she's definitely in a happy place.



But they're off, all of them. Another fun filled year of fundraisers, book reports, concerts, etc. At least this year, we can get some high school football in too. You know, that's kinda big in Texas.

I've been asked a bajillion times what I'm going to do with all this free time I have now. Well, as previously stated, I'm going to take uninterrupted showers. I'm going to have lunch with girlfriends. And I'm going to volunteer lots and lots so that I don't get bored and wander around Target aimlessly 5 days a week. Because as much as I would like to be, I'm not a fan of soap operas or bon bons.

Other than that, I'm open for suggestions on how to enjoy my new found freedom!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow...you should be one proud mama! THose are some beautiful girls!!
I cant belive they are all in school now! Lucky you!!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Hope they all had a great first day and you too :)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a bittersweet year for you! They are growing up! And, such beautiful girls! Enjoy your volunteering and showering!

Katie said...

You're girls are just as gorgeous as their momma!! I bet it's kinda weird not having anyone home now?!?

Anonymous said...

Mon:bathrooms/floors and groceries delivered
Tues:gym/lunch w/ ladies
Wed: lose all momentum and have wine w/ lunch. That's leaving out my fav, tennis.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.