As soon as we got back, we hit the ground running and had a week of Princess Camp. Not that we by any means need to go to a camp to learn how to be princesses. But it was something the girls really enjoyed last year, so we did it again. And my sweet friend who was in charge was very accommodating to me. See for the girls to go, it would have cost and arm and a leg, unless of course you volunteered. Except I requested that I put somewhere that would have very little or no interaction whatsoever with children. I mean I did just spend a gazillion hours in a car with four of them...
And I have no pictures. Because another sweet friend was taking photos for the event. And since my girls were so darn sick and tired of ME shoving a camera in their face, I'm just gonna get copies from her. Someday...
Then we had the party of the year. Sweet Kathryn who turned 5 way at the beginning of the month and had to have her party postponed because 1) not one of her friends could make it and 2) her stupid mom planned it for the day before embarking cross country. So the good Lord just looked down and said "Uh no, that's not happening." And thank him for that.
And when she finally did get her party, a lot of her friends still couldn't come. BUT, it was totally okay and I'm thinking an intimate group is the way to go. You mean I don't have to feed 30 kids chicken nuggets, who knew? And gosh, it only took me til the 5th year of the 4th child to figure this out.
A few months ago, Emma's hamster died. A few months ago, I promised we would get her a new one after our vacation was over. I was hoping she would forget. She didn't. Meet Summer.
Did you know that Russians are much nicer than Chinese? Hamsters that is. I guess there's a difference. I mean I don't really know if they are actually imported from Moscow or Beijing, but they are clearly labeled as such.
Squiggles, who was a Chinese dwarf hamster, used to hiss and bite and scratch every time we tried to make contact. And so we admired her from afar. Apparently the same does not hold true for mothers. Because no matter how much I act that way, the kids are always hanging on me.
But Summer, is about as sweet as can be. She likes to scurry and sniff and the girls have been having a ball with her. Literally. Me, not so much. I mean, it's still a rodent.
Emma and Kathryn had a week of ballroom camp. Emma's been begging for lessons and I wanted to make sure that it was something she would actually like. Of course, she did. And of course, the instructor said she was pretty good. I mean only a seasoned pro could manage to roll her eyes at her partner in mid swing. Well, he is wearing a Romo shirt...

But there is not enough money or time to put another activity on that child's plate. So some hard decisions are about to be made. Kathryn, I was hoping would take to it seeing as how she is D-O-N-E with ballet. But she spent most of the camp doing this...
Well, at least she was out of the house for a few hours. And I was actually somewhat productive during that time.
And last but not least, I rocked it out. At Green Day. And there is a man on this planet that cusses more than my husband. I counted at least 200 f-bombs. We went with some great friends and had so much fun...as evident by this crappy phone picture.

Since cameras were banned. And every phone now has a camera, so what did that accomplish. But they wouldn't ban phones because how else would we sway and ask for an encore. Since no one uses a lighter for that anymore.
There you have it. A little of this and a little of that. And I did work in some laundry and cooking as well. You know it's not all just fun and good times here.





3 comments:
Holy crap! That is a BUSY summer! I need a break just reading it. All fun stuff though, so that is a plus. ;)
Wow, I'm exhausted just reading about it all!
The birthday party looked like soooooo much fun! Yall did a great job!
Glad you had fun at the concert too!! Isnt it funny how people use their phones now..always makes me laugh when I see them swaying in the air!
Wow! You have been super busy!
Glad you got all of the camps and party worked out!
And, wow, I would like to see Green Day!
Post a Comment