Monday, July 27, 2009

That only seemed like forever

We're home.

18 days. 7 different beds. About 4200 miles and I'm not even going to think about how many hours in the car. But I will tell you that the last one was the worst. The kids started going bananas and I was ready to put them and the hubs on the side of the road.

Why the hubs? Well, the road trip home reaffirmed why I only can drive with him one way. I mean I don't really enjoy listening to Fox News Radio for hours, when the kids want a movie, they get a movie, it's all about keeping the little people happy. And he doesn't exactly have the best choices in gas stations. We're girls, we take bathroom stops at Cracker Barrel for a reason. And when there isn't a man with us, there's no grumbling. We don't believe in schedules which is why I'm not happy when I'm asked questions like "so do we have to stop at the world's biggest ball of yarn?" Well yeah, if it's on the way, we do.

We had a lot of fun. A lot. Visiting family and friends. Seeing our country. Learning about our nation's history. Riding some roller coasters. Hitting the beach. And much more. And I will just tell you that my poor spoiled little Texas girls will never move to NYC. "You mean we have to walk?" I was thisclose to buying earplugs every time we went into the city. Cuz Momma don't like the whining!

Oh. And baseball. Lots and lots of baseball.

So stories and photos to come. Right now I'm too busy not missing public transportation and getting my back reacquainted with my bed.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cant wait to hear the full story and see pics! It was fun "following" along on facebook! lol
I cant imagine how lovely it was to be back in your bed!
Thats alot of beds, states, and miles to cover!!

Katie said...

So glad you're home safe and sound!! Can't wait for the pics!!

Unknown said...

You forgot to add how many loads of laundry to that count list! I can only imagine! Sounds like an amazing journey - one I hope to do with my own family at some point in time. Looking forward to the stories and pics.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.