I guess I did it to myself. There's probably a reason I'm sitting in my jammies still at 1pm and haven't done one darn productive thing all day. Don't worry, I'll change and take out the trash before anyone gets home. Well maybe not the trash part, my back is on fire once again.
I went to see a couple of movies this week....The Last Song and Letters to God. And let me tell you if you are female, a mother, anywhere near being hormonal...these movies are not for you. And I especially don't recommend you watch them within days of each other. I'm damn near an emotional wreck, still. I mean, it takes a lot to make me cry and I'm still tearing up.
So I'll start with The Last Song which is based on a book by Nicholas Sparks. Let me tell you my experiences with Nicholas Sparks. While I was pregnant with my first, my mom told me I needed to watch this movie...Message in a Bottle. I about tore her head off, while screaming and crying and demanding that she tell me that he did in fact come back, he was coming back, how dare she let me watch a movie like that if he wasn't coming back. I still haven't forgiven her for that. Or for laughing at me as I sobbed uncontrollably while Tony died in Maria's arms. My mom is mean like that.
So then, I found that Nicholas Sparks was an easy read. Of course his stories are all depressing though. All these people get to find the loves of their lives and BAM, he just messes that all up. I was reading The Notebook on the way home from Vegas and of course, tears streaming down my face. The gentlemen sitting next to me on the flight leaned over and said "I'm sorry, sweetheart, how much did you lose?" I still haven't seen the movie version of that one. I'm kinda refusing to do so.
But I did, the other day, go and watch The Last Song, after of course, reading the book. Mainly I wanted to go and see Miley Cyrus blow it, which surprisingly she didn't do. Even though what happens, spoiler: someone dies, okay not much of a spoiler, is something that was hard on me and brought back a lot of memories and yada, yada, yada and is exactly the reason I should stay home and fold clothes and not take in the early bird matinee while the girls are in school.
And by the way...do you know how many tears I have saved others? Several of my friends have mentioned wanting to take their little girls to see "that new Miley Cyrus movie" and I'm like whoa Nelly, you do not want to do that unless you are really wanting a flash forward into what PMS is going to look like with a teenager, not that you'll be able to cope with it since you'll be eating a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough yourself. This is not Hannah Montana material.
Last night, I went with the Youth group at church to see Letters to God. And if you've seen the previews, you pretty much know what's going to happen. And I seriously can't even go into it because it will just make me want to curl up on the floor again. I can't even imagine...and it was a true story. And thank God that the lady sitting next to me brought a whole box of tissue, because we needed it.
I did have to chuckle at the way all the teen boys were teasing all the teen girls on the way out. Insensitivity starts at an early age. And the one boy that got busted tearing up a bit said he only cried because he spilt his popcorn. Apparently the not talking about feelings starts early too.
I totally recommend anyone to see it. It's very touching, the acting is hit or miss, but it's one of those movies where it doesn't really matter. But I do not recommend it after anything Nicholas Sparks related, who, by the way is banished from my life, forever. Done. with. him.
So I'm off to find our copy of Wedding Crashers or Old School. I need a good laugh. But definitely not Couples Retreat, because bad, bad, bad movies can make you cry too.
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
5 months ago


2 comments:
Hey Amy! I haven't seen either but have heard about Letters from God. I need to see it...with tissues in hand! The other one, the Miley Cyrus one, you WOULD recommend it? When you said you were done with Nicholas Sparks, I wasn't sure. I feel like drowning in tears, so maybe I will skip your advice. :)
I loved reading The Notebook. I finished reading it in the airport while waiting for my son to go see his dad. I had to wear sunglasses inside the airport because I was bawling so much! OH dear, I was a wreck. I also read The Last Song, and found out that Sparks originally wrote it for MIley Cyrus to play the mail character. I am looking forward to seeing the movie!
Post a Comment