Wednesday, April 7, 2010

That's what girls do

With four daughters, it's pretty easy to guess that we have some dolls lying around here. We've got baby dolls and Barbie dolls and Cabbage Patch dolls and Polly Pocket dolls and the list goes on and on... Those are the dolls that I can now get rid of (thank God) because now we have much more refined and expensive taste and have American Girl dolls. Well two of the four do. Alli's too old and Kathryn likes Legos.

So it was only natural that one day we would end up here:


During Spring Break we took a quick trip to McKinney to visit friends and on the way home stopped off in the big D for some lunch, pampering and shopping at the American Girl doll store. Well, the dolls got pampered:


It seriously cost more to get their hair done than it does my children. But this visit was a special treat for Emma for smashing some swim times and she wanted her girls perfectly coiffed.


Lunch was fun, they had little seats for the dolls to join in.

And see...I do indeed feed my kids veggies. And yes, she ate it all.

Can I just say, that I have never seen so much pink in my life? It was a very fun experience and one we are apparently going to have to do again because my Lego-loving girl has now decided that she wants an American Girl doll too. What is the world coming to?

When we got home, I had one more Spring Break promise to fulfill. The only thing that Emma insisted on doing was making Magic Bon Bon Cookies.


The recipe is from her Fairy Cookbook, that's purple and sparkly. And has other recipes such as Flower Petal Punch and Pixie Pancakes and Rainbow Confetti Parfait. You know, things that no boy would ever be caught dead eating.


There's really no hope for him. Even the hamster is female.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I secretly hope I have a girl one day just so I can go to that store!!
maybe I will just settle and go with you girls next time! lol
Glad you all had a fun spring break!!

Katie said...

Looks like fun, I can't wait to take my girlies there!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.