Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Everyone's good at something

I like to think that I am somewhat creative. Somewhat. But my problem is, that I can visualize but not execute. Unless it's on a grand scale. I do have to say that I love all the girls' rooms and the playroom. But on the little things, not so much. So it's fortunate that I have friends that can sew and bling and draw and such. And while they are blessed with those many talents, I have a few of my own.

Take for instance, my MOPS meeting a few weeks back. A craft meeting. Which I usually shudder at the word "craft" because I'm just not crafty. But those wonderful ladies decided that we were going to decorate wine glasses water goblets. And there were examples and paint and rhinestones and a roomful of women who were so super excited to get to work. And I sat there. And sat. And sat.

Finally I called my friend Genie over and asked if she wouldn't mind painting an A on my glass. Then I called my friend Robyn over and asked if she wouldn't mind blinging it for me. And then I had the rest of the hour to chit chat with everyone while they were working on their own glasses. But mine did turn out pretty good. And nice and simple, much like myself.

Getting other people to do things for you is totally a talent. And one I somewhat excel at. Well, at least as far as my husband goes. Ask who does the dishes every night? ;-)

Emma, however, does her own thing. And her artwork was hung up in the 1st grade hallway for all to see, which she was so super excited about.

Yep, she did it all by herself. Cut, colored, designed that abstract rocket boat thingy. But it sure is pretty!

Tomorrow, it's another craft day. I do believe that I "personally" won't be decoupaging anything. Maybe I should let Emma skip school and do it for me.

9 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love Emma's work!

And, see, you are good at getting people to do stuff for you. So it's a win-win situation. They do something they like and you don't have to do something you don't like!

The "water goblet" turned out very cute.

Kat said...

I love the goblet. I always think less is more. Simple is beautiful. :)

Yay, for Emma! Great job!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love the wine glass....

I can be good only if I try really hard...but I never have time for it!

Stephanie said...

Don't worry about not being crafty - you have people that can do it for you :) I'm not crafty either so I have to use others as well. I am not ashamed. Haha!

Great job Emma!! She is so proud!

Katie said...

WOW, way to go Emma, I'm impressed!! I too am not very "crafty" ;)

Narci D said...

Well, you know I am crafty, but as far as any other project I am ALL ideas and NO execution. That is where DMAN comes in. :)

BusyDad said...

The ability to do things yourself is very important. The ability to delegate? Priceless.

Dreams and Designs said...

Great "water goblet!" ANd realy love the abstrct art! So cute!

Dawn said...

Your gift is writing! It truly is -s0 witty - and I'm a writing teacher, so I know! :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.