And I plan on doing again. And again and again.
First day of school...2010. I don't think I've ever been happier on a first day of school. I was so happy this morning, I woke up. All on my own. I contemplated making them eggs and bacon for like a whole second. But cereal is way easier.
I took the customary photos. The big girls leave while the sun is not fully up in the sky. Which is a good thing seeing as how it was 100+ flippin degrees today. Can we all in the great state of Texas just agree to not send our children in fancy new duds on the first day? I mean everything you have bought to outfit them for the school year is not logically wearable until at least October 15th. Tank tops and shorts should be the required uniform.
But still the sophomore wanted to wear jeans because apparently the high school is freezing. And this year she gets to ride a bus with A/C.

The eighth grader wanted to wear platforms. But she is getting smart in her old age because she did stick some band-aids in her purse for the blisters that were coming.

The third grader did not want to smile. Because she's missing teeth. Oh and she's not happy that she has to go to school.

And the first grader wanted to stay in her pajamas because she doesn't want to go to school either. Know what I say about that? Too bad.

And on this first blissful kid free day of seven hours straight, what did I do? Lunch with the ladies? A little shopping at my favorite boutique? Sit on the couch and absorb the calmness?
No. Workout. Laundry. Groceries. Errands.
But with no "I want" or "she did" or "can we" or Radio Disney.
Just silence.
It was blissful. I can't wait for tomorrow.


3 comments:
Well, you sure do have 4 beautifuls girls in your house!!
So glad you get some free time coming up!!
Yeah..sounds like a pretty sweet day to me!
Amy! I miss seeing your face. I'm glad I got to at least see your daughters' faces. Your girls are adorable! I hope to see YOUR face soon!
Post a Comment