We went to SpaceCenter Houston...it wasn't my favorite outing ever with the girls. They were bored on the tram tour, unimpressed with the astronaut training facility and consistently crashed the shuttle on every simulated landing. Needless to say, NASA will not be employing any one of my children. Thank God that the Star Wars exhibits at least made the drive somewhat worth it. Well until the part where Abby was old enough and tall enough to ride the Count Dooku bicycle thing and Emma was not. Then words like "not fair" and "life sucks" start flying around.But the real problem is that my mom is now on Facebook. So now I feel even less of an urge to come here and document our fabulous life. Because now she can keep up with me on an hourly basis and see all the pictures of our fascinating adventures and so on and so forth. But she tells me during our Internet Scrabble game that she thinks Facebook is a little "shallow" and she misses my stories. And I do too. But damn it if I can find the time.
I mean, the ultra fab mom of four down the street who is also a college professor and hosts quilting bees and cooks gourmet meals can blog on a daily basis...I can't even do it once a month now. She is, and will forever be, my model of what I strive to become. Well not the professor or quilter part. But the "has it together or at least is faking it really well" part...that I want.
So I suppose I'll try. I mean my mom doesn't ask all that much of me, other than to let her win occasionally at Scrabble. But that will happen when she lets me win occasionally at Rummikub, which unfortunately, we have not found a place to play online. So now I am begging, pleading, forcing her to come and visit for Christmas so I can whoop her in person. Because that's what the holiday is all about.
So like I said...I'll try. Again. If nothing else...I've at least posted for August.


5 comments:
I'm so flattered to get a shout-out on your blog! I'm mostly faking it...meaning something always has to give. If I'm cooking a lot, chances are my dissertation is suffering. If I'm quilting it might be chicken nuggets for dinner. The real truth might be that I have a short attention span so I keep moving amongst my interests! Good luck with your new driver. My own teenage drivers make me NERVOUS.
Hooray, I LOVE hearing your stories too!! :) Keep up the good work Girlie!
I used to like Facebook. Now the mention of it annoys me. I'm over it. I guess once something becomes super popular I don't like it anymore. I know, I act like a teenager sometimes. ;)
Glad all is well and everyone is doing okay.
Hope to hear from you again soon!
I completly understand! My blog has been pretty lonely lately!
Scrabble and Facebook take up my time these days!
I do miss your witty posts though, so come back! :)
This is more like it. Thanks.
Mom
Post a Comment