One was built by a crazy four year old, the other by a perfectionist teenager. Can you tell which is which? I mean one is just a bunch of blocks thrown together and the other is pretty dang close to symmetrical. So, do you know?

In a house full of daughters full of all the toys that little girls can possess, this one continually throws me for a curve. We have thousands hundreds of dollars worth of Barbies, Polly Pockets, dress up clothes, baby dolls and tea sets, and she wants nothing to do with any of it. Silly me, thinking that I would have to buy her nothing! Oh no, now there are multiple block sets, Legos, Tinker Toys, and Lincoln Logs. And while I have at least hoped that these things might come in pink, it's a no go.
She does have one doll house. Well I can't even call it that because the residents are a cute little bear family. She is an animal nut as well! She'll sit for hours playing with her animal sets from air, land and water, she loves them all. For Christmas she got a massive tree house complete with jungle beasts and a family of caretakers. The family is crammed in the corner of her room because she "does not play with dolls".
So I guess the bright side is that when the next big purge of the playroom comes around, and it is coming soon, I can chunk a great majority of Barbies and Polly Pockets, which my feet will greatly thank me for because those little shoes hurt like the dickens when you step on them. Then again, I might need to keep them all around for the teenager...
But someone has a birthday coming up and I've got a lookout for a pink tool set for her! ;-) Because I'm all about promoting this building thing, I may one day get that dream house.
Either that or I'll be living in the most beautifully architected zoo.



4 comments:
The girl's got some mad stacking skills. Cultivate that!! Pink tool belt--search is on!
LOVE it!!, way to go K!
Wow...that's some serious block building.
Good luck finding the pink tools!
Happy Blog Hopping~
Post a Comment