Thursday, November 30, 2006

BRRRRR!

So we started our morning at 70 degrees and it is now a brisk 39. Crazy weather, huh? But finally I am in the mood for Christmas. So instead of staying home and avoiding the cold and rain, I headed right out into it and to the mall! Because I needed to find stocking stuffers and presents for all. HO HO HO!

And as I watched the girls get off the school bus shivering, I was so glad that I got them new coats as well (not for Xmas). And sweaters, and long sleeve shirts, and hats and gloves, etc...
It's crazy how the first cold spell sends us running to the store to stock up on cold weather gear. I should know from years past that this isn't real, it's probably the coldest it will be all year, or realistically only one of about ten days where we can actually wear all the crap I purchased (vast majority on sale, so I was trying to be frugal!)

So it has been a productive day. Kathryn was quite a trooper, and I did take time out to ride the merry-go-round. But my favorite part of the day was when all the girls got home and we went to Starbucks to get hot chocolate. I love just sitting and relaxing and listening to their conversations. And I got asked my favorite question in the world. Wow, four girls, are they all yours? If I had a dime for everytime I was asked that, I wouldn't have to buy things on sale!

But I am so glad this weather blew through because I definitely have the bug to decorate and play Christmas music and all the other fun things that go along with the holiday season. And I can't wait for it to be 70 next week. God bless Texas!!

No comments:

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.